Mini Countryman Legal?

Hi all, I have a 2013 Mini countryman, but I have read in the rules that it is prohibited? 

This is questionable to me as I have personally gone to measure my car, and it fits comfortably in the track width/height requirement. Would the regional even coordinators make an exception for a rule that doesn't really apply to my car?

It has a height of 61 inches and an average width of about 68 inches.

Thanks for any help!

I also have pictures of everything as proof. (Roof rack will be removed)

TallestHeight.jpg

This is the height at the tallest point.

RearWidth.jpg

This is the rear track width.

FrontWidth.jpg

Front track width.

Also, I am running Pirelli P7 Cinturato run flat tires. 

Edited by AlexJ459
Added Picture descriptions and tires.

I'm not a Tech guy, or even an Officer, but I do know that this exclusion is from SCCA National and is in the 2021 SCCA Solo Rulebook.

So, your challenge is to contact SCCA National through their Website and have that discussion with them. Also, if you are not a full SCCA dues-paying member, not a chance. The first question usually asked is "What is your membership #"?

Local Regions are not allowed to alter SCCA National Rules, especially regarding safety. Think liability.

Good luck.

Edited by smeyers

I'm about 95% sure that the countryman is not legal to run. Because all the street/stock class's don't allow anything that would lower the car or widen the track width, we usually go off of the OEM specs. So on that note, the manufacturer states that height is 61.5" and the track width is 61.1" in the rear and 60.0" in the front. An example of a on the edge of legal car is the Ford Fiesta ST with a height of 57.2" and a track of 57.7" front and 57" rear. The regular Fiesta is not allowed to run. There have been Fiesta ST's that have rolled over, more than once.

I know that you want to run, and that's great to hear, but having fun with autocross isn't supposed to include a chance of a roll over... 

Another option to consider for cheap autocrossing, is a Miata. No not some lightly used 2017 or something. A mostly sorted NA or NB Miata. Parts are cheap and they are scattered everywhere. Plus they can be super easy on tires, unless you pull a Kevin and flat spot a new set of Rivals... I guess it depends on your personal situation if you can add another car, mostly dedicated to autocross.

1 hour ago, Matt U said:

……………Plus they can be super easy on tires, unless you pull a Kevin and flat spot a new set of Rivals... I guess it depends on your personal situation if you can add another car, mostly dedicated to autocross.

Take note - if you do, get one new enough to have decent ABS…….🤨