Shop Recommendations for Corner Balance

CMarkmann

I recently upgraded to a different set of coilovers on my car, so I need to have a corner balance done. My usual go-to for suspension stuff is Network Alignment, but the west side location doesn't do corner weights. Any recommendations? I'd prefer West Valley area, but willing to take a drive to get it done right the first time.

Sidebar: I remember a number of years ago Tony S with the orange Bondurant Mustang had started a business focused around track/auto-x prep. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the business, and the old forum content has obviously evaporated into the ether with the new website. Does anybody know if his shop is still around? I recall it being in the Chandler area.

3 hours ago, CMarkmann said:

I recently upgraded to a different set of coilovers on my car, so I need to have a corner balance done. My usual go-to for suspension stuff is Network Alignment, but the west side location doesn't do corner weights. Any recommendations? I'd prefer West Valley area, but willing to take a drive to get it done right the first time.

Sidebar: I remember a number of years ago Tony S with the orange Bondurant Mustang had started a business focused around track/auto-x prep. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the business, and the old forum content has obviously evaporated into the ether with the new website. Does anybody know if his shop is still around? I recall it being in the Chandler area.

Tony’s shop is called Performance Automotive. It’s next to the Superstition Springs mall in Mesa. 

Had him do an alignment a while back, very happy with the service.  Not sure he does corner balancing, but I’d be surprised if he didn’t do it. 

Corner weighing takes time, depending if the car has been corner weighed before. If it is the first time, it may take a couple to a few hours to perform an accurate balance. Also, each scale pad, has to be laser/bubble level with each other or you're wasting your time.  And, if you are weighing a car with a stock suspension and with soft rubber bushings, you are essentially wasting your time because the balance will not hold when the suspension loaded up in a corner.

Using the club scales at an event, on an unlevel surface, will only be good for a total vehicle weight.  You need an adjustable platform like this with laser equipment to achieve a perfect level surface.

20201224_120307.jpg

Edited by Nokones

Ken, at a number of our previous Solo events (before your time I think) Ted L. Tim B, Britt D. and a couple of other volunteers set up the scales at a couple of our events, taking ample time to ensure they were true. Those times produced very accurate results.

Also Brian E. and Mark H a few times had our scales at their homes/garages, leveled properly. Appointments could be arranged for sessions there, some of varying lengths to even allow time for some adjustments.

We have not done those things for some time now. Lack of new volunteers. We have the scales……somewhere.

Correct. Anything less than trued scales produces only total weights.

I have a set of scales and a level 4 post drive on lift in a climate controlled garage and am in the NW valley (75th Ave and Happy Valley).  We can probably find a time to get it done here for you.  Reach out and let me know what your schedule is like...I'm pretty flexible.

816-536-3811