Tire Mount/Balance Shop for Tirerack orders

DanH

AZ Auto Trends changed to The Lift Shop, located at the same location.  Cruz was there when I had tires changed last year.  They went with the Lift Shop name, because most of their business was lift work.  I'm not sure they changed, but call and check.  They told me they still do Tire Rack tire installs.

Yes, the Lift Shop at

1911 E Bell Rd
Phoenix AZ 85022
United States

Phone - 480-777-7700

Everyone there knows about Cruz and his SCCA discount. I am not sure about receiving Tire Rack shipments, call and ask. I’ve used him a few times each year as my tires wear or my cars change.

Note he is a master at mounting our special stiffer tires, and they use the latest “touchless” equipment. Never had any issues.

• Like 1

Just had Cruz mount my A052s earlier this year. They are a tire rack installer, so you can ship directly to them. They give us a deal on the mounting and balancing, so be sure to say you're with the SCCA club. It will end up being cheaper than the tire rack website says it will be. 

If you can find a Discount Tire with a sharp manager who has consistent staff that stay long term, and you develop a relationship with ONE specific technician who knows what he's doing, yes, I've used them before. But I could not find a location with all of the above. The good guys kept leaving. And know this, not every installer knows how to use that equipment properly.

I am very careful with who touches my equipment. I have had wheels marked, as well as balanced incorrectly. Cruz essentially makes no mistakes, has been there a long time, and absolutely knows what he's doing. That's my reason for going back to him. Oh yeah, that SCCA Discount is nice too.👍

Edited by smeyers
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 9:40 AM, smeyers said:

If you can find a Discount Tire with a sharp manager who has consistent staff that stay long term, and you develop a relationship with ONE specific technician who knows what he's doing, yes, I've used them before. But I could not find a location with all of the above. The good guys kept leaving. And know this, not every installer knows how to use that equipment properly.

I am very careful with who touches my equipment. I have had wheels marked, as well as balanced incorrectly. Cruz essentially makes no mistakes, has been there a long time, and absolutely knows what he's doing. That's my reason for going back to him. Oh yeah, that SCCA Discount is nice too.👍

I agree with Scott on this.   Cruz is not close but he does excellent work and doesn't scratch my wheels.   For the Falkens on my S2000 I didn't feel like making the trip to north Phoenix and ended up with 2 of my wheels (PF01s) scratched.

• 1 year later...

Confirmed that the LiftShop is a great option (480-613-3673).  They have expanded recently so a little more info.  You should get your tires mounted at the original wholesale location which is 1911 E Bell (the shop is behind the Mitsubishi dealership, you can't see it from Bell Rd).  Cruz is there and Kyle (spelling?) is the shop manager.  The new "retail" location is at 16223 N Cave Creek Rd.  But, at that Cave Creek location they don't mount wide tires on skinny wheels.  You will want to go to the original Bell Rd shop.  They charged me $25/wheel to mount and balance.  That seemed very fair. 

10 minutes ago, Nokones said:

It is my understanding that Discount Tire bought Tire Rack about a year or two ago, and they operate independently. However, Tire Rack will ship to Discount Tire.

That's correct. Discount Tire purchase Tire Rack. They put Discount Tire stores first as recommended installers, but you can choose your favorite shop.

12 hours ago, Nokones said:

It is my understanding that Discount Tire bought Tire Rack about a year or two ago, and they operate independently. However, Tire Rack will ship to Discount Tire.

That is all true.  However, Discount Tire is fairly picky on what tires they will put on a wheel.  For my set-up, they would not put my wide tire on my narrow wheel (I asked).  The guys at Lift Shop are more willing to do "unusual" fitments and have experience with it.  That being said, Tire Rack can refer you to a lot of mobile installers that have tire mounting and balancing equipment in their van and will do the install at your house.  It seems very convenient and I'd be very tempted to try one of their mobile installers if I wasn't trying to put such a wide tire on a narrow wheel.  I'm not saying they can't do it, but it isn't easy and I wanted to use someone that I knew could do it.  If someone on this site had offered up one of the mobile installers as having that ability, I would have jumped at the chance to go down that path.  

Edited by David 2
  • Like 1

I have used RIck Alvaraz and Mobile Tire Installers several times now and they are my go to guys for tire mounting.  

https://www.facebook.com/MobileTireInstallers

https://mtimobiletire.com/

(480) 220-1949
mobiletireinstallers@gmail.com

He comes out of the San Tan Valley so can have somewhat of a hefty trip charge to the NW Valley unless you can schedule it when he is already coming to somewhere near you.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

An update on The Lift Shop. I just got a set of A052s mounted there. But between when I ordered them a few weeks ago and they got shipped, The Lift Shop stopped being a tirerack installer. Kyle the manager said they just had too much work and had to cut back. What he did say is that they'd happily mount tires for us if we buy the tires from them directly. He said they'd match tire rack's price, and if for some reason they couldn't get the tires themselves we could still go through tire rack as a backup. But he did ask that any SCCA people call first and be sure to say they are SCCA, otherwise they'll say no. 

Very sad news, but I know Cruz was always very busy.

So better news is that Discount Tire now owns Tire Rack, so they should have access to all the same tires now, and same prices too…..I would think.

That said, The Lift Shop should be able to also have better access to our “200 UTQG” tires. That’s a guess.

6 hours ago, cgroppi said:

An update on The Lift Shop. I just got a set of A052s mounted there. But between when I ordered them a few weeks ago and they got shipped, The Lift Shop stopped being a tirerack installer. Kyle the manager said they just had too much work and had to cut back. What he did say is that they'd happily mount tires for us if we buy the tires from them directly. He said they'd match tire rack's price, and if for some reason they couldn't get the tires themselves we could still go through tire rack as a backup. But he did ask that any SCCA people call first and be sure to say they are SCCA, otherwise they'll say no. 

Sounds perfectly reasonable.  They need to allocate their resources (labor being one of them) in the most efficient manner.  And, yet they still give us SCCA a preference.  Honestly, I was a little suprised they were mounting my Tire Rack bought tires for $25/each.  

6 hours ago, smeyers said:

So better news is that Discount Tire now owns Tire Rack, so they should have access to all the same tires now, and same prices too…..I would think.

That said, The Lift Shop should be able to also have better access to our “200 UTQG” tires. That’s a guess.

Discount Tire will price match to pretty much anyone.  They priced matched on tires for my Jeep that I could buy from Walmart online for about 20% less than Discount Tires normal prices.  And, there was no way I was having Walmart mount my tires so it was a win-win.  That being said, Discount will not pinch wide tires onto skinny wheels more than the tire MFR's recommended minimum wheel width.....for those of us who like to do that.    

Edited by David 2

23 hours ago, smeyers said:

I recently went round and round with Discount trying to get me some tires that Discount "didn't stock" but could get from Tire Rack. 

Final verdict was the Store manager at my local Discount Tire failed miserably and I ended up just ordering them from Tire Rack direct.  It seems like they are still two separate companies with issues to work out between themselves as far as holding hands.