Tire Mount/Balance Shop for Tirerack orders

Any recommendations for shops that will accept tirerack.com shipments and mount/balance loose wheels?  Is Cruz still at a shop that handles AutoXer installs?  I don't see AZ Auto Trends around anymore.

Performance Automotive and Tire on Superstition Springs Rd. in Mesa will take care of you. You'll need to call them in advance to arrange it and they will give you a SCCA discount on the mounting and balance.

AZ Auto Trends changed to The Lift Shop, located at the same location.  Cruz was there when I had tires changed last year.  They went with the Lift Shop name, because most of their business was lift work.  I'm not sure they changed, but call and check.  They told me they still do Tire Rack tire installs.

Yes, the Lift Shop at

1911 E Bell Rd
Phoenix AZ 85022
United States

Phone - 480-777-7700

Everyone there knows about Cruz and his SCCA discount. I am not sure about receiving Tire Rack shipments, call and ask. I’ve used him a few times each year as my tires wear or my cars change.

Note he is a master at mounting our special stiffer tires, and they use the latest “touchless” equipment. Never had any issues.

• Like 1

Thanks.  I think that is the same location, just under a different name.  I'll call to find out about Tirerack deliveries.  It would save me a trip with the trailer.

Just had Cruz mount my A052s earlier this year. They are a tire rack installer, so you can ship directly to them. They give us a deal on the mounting and balancing, so be sure to say you're with the SCCA club. It will end up being cheaper than the tire rack website says it will be. 

I'd recommend Discount Tire. They can do touch-less mounting and road-force balancing. They flipped and re-balanced my RE71R tires for free. Discount Tire will match Tire Rack pricing. 

If you can find a Discount Tire with a sharp manager who has consistent staff that stay long term, and you develop a relationship with ONE specific technician who knows what he's doing, yes, I've used them before. But I could not find a location with all of the above. The good guys kept leaving. And know this, not every installer knows how to use that equipment properly.

I am very careful with who touches my equipment. I have had wheels marked, as well as balanced incorrectly. Cruz essentially makes no mistakes, has been there a long time, and absolutely knows what he's doing. That's my reason for going back to him. Oh yeah, that SCCA Discount is nice too.👍

Edited by smeyers

On 7/21/2021 at 9:40 AM, smeyers said:

If you can find a Discount Tire with a sharp manager who has consistent staff that stay long term, and you develop a relationship with ONE specific technician who knows what he's doing, yes, I've used them before. But I could not find a location with all of the above. The good guys kept leaving. And know this, not every installer knows how to use that equipment properly.

I am very careful with who touches my equipment. I have had wheels marked, as well as balanced incorrectly. Cruz essentially makes no mistakes, has been there a long time, and absolutely knows what he's doing. That's my reason for going back to him. Oh yeah, that SCCA Discount is nice too.👍

I agree with Scott on this.   Cruz is not close but he does excellent work and doesn't scratch my wheels.   For the Falkens on my S2000 I didn't feel like making the trip to north Phoenix and ended up with 2 of my wheels (PF01s) scratched.