Need Snell helmet

FrinkBRZ

Does anyone have a Snell 2015 helmet of any kind that I can buy or borrow?  It has proven damn near impossible to find a Snell 2015 helmet online without spending $300 or more and most searche systems on sites like Amazon do not seem to sort or recognize Snell.  I only get DOT certified helmets.  

Hi There:

Try the guys at UPR Racing Supply.  Their warehouse is in Tucson but they have a great team of folks at Desert Rat just off the US60 here in town.  Check the link.  This is an open face helmet but they have all sorts available .... yes some are in excess of $300, in fact way in excess!  But there are some reasonable options like this one ... I've used this supplier for race suits, helmets, and various lubricants ....

https://upr.com/series-194272-racequip-open-face-sa2015.html#!

Good Luck

DaveMaxfield

You might also want to check out https://pitstopusa.com

I got my Bell SA2015 helmet pretty quick and it was on sale for $299 (normally $399)... and it's still on sale.  I too searched for a while, but the timing isn't great.  If you could wait another month or 2, I think there might be some pretty good sales... as I think the SA2020 helmets are supposed to be released in October.

It doesn't need to be an SA rating, it could be an M rating.  There are other ratings that are acceptable besides Snell, but the Snell are the cheapest usually.  An SA or M 2005 or newer is currently acceptable, at the end of the year you'll need a 2010 or newer rating.

I have a couple of spare Snell SA2015 helmets that are like new, look and feel and smell new.  They are the open face Conquer brand helmets, flat black, kevlar strap, hans attach points, sort of like what you would find as loaner helmets but not worn.  Small and Medium only.  I've probably worn the medium a few times many months ago, small has never been worn.  $80 each, I can bring it at noon if needed. LMK

• 2 weeks later...