Minor Passenger Question

GCooper

Our friend's 14 year old son will be with us during the July event and my wife is pressing me to take him along a passenger for the event.

Can he ride with me as a passenger if his parents sign the Minor Waiver? He would also need to borrow a helmet.

Thanks,

Gary

BOTH parents and the Minor must sign the minor waiver form, that must be witnessed by an SCCA member who also signs, Let me see if Tom can chime in on if any member is ok or if we need an official of the local club to witness those signatures.  I see they also have a separate notary form that may be a safer bet.

Official Forms:

https://www.scca.com/downloads

Must be printed in color

We have loaner helmets available in the back of our equipment truck (get one during the specific run group needed)

I should also note that we technically have this restriction in place for our events: Spectators will be allowed, but must stay in paddock or outside the iron fence - not allowed in grid, next to the equipment truck, etc. We will expand paddock to provide more space and we ask that you continue to keep your physical distance from others not in your household

If others find this thread:

You can also get the forms by going to my.scca.com in Member Resources, File Cabinet.  Sometimes they update forms there before the SCCA download page, but they seem to be aligned today.

Both parents must sign either form, if using SCCA form, the witness must be a club official, if using Notary, both parents signatures must be witnessed by the notary.