Meeting Minutes, Fall 2020 SC Meeting

Dave

New Helmets
- Group buy through scca. $75 each for a Racequip SA2015 3/4 open face, scca stickers already applied
COVID issues for Fall series
Due to covid, the following restrictions will be put in place till further notice:
- We will be running a morning and an afternoon session. Each session will cap at 50 entries, 2 run groups of 25. Prereg only, there will be no onsite registration
- If you car needs a sound check, you must run in the morning as no sound tests will be run in the afternoon.
- No time only's
- No spectators, only drivers will be allowed on site
- Loaner helmets will not be provided
- No food/water service, so bring your own food and water
- Masks and social distancing will be mandatory. No mask means you don't run, and we won't have masks on site, so please don't forget yours.
- Refund policy will be lifted, refunds will be given up to the start of the event. If you aren't feeling well or decide not to come, please let us know and we will refund your entry fee. Letting us know as early as possible will be best, in the event there is a waitlist so we can try to fill your spot.
- Hand sanitizer and cleaning stuff will be available at every workstation so equipment can be sanitized between run groups
- Scoreboard will not be setup in favor of online scoring
Waiver Stuff
- Will we be adopting SpeedWaiver (through Motorsports Reg) to replace the scca waiver. This will be mandatory for all entrants.
- AMP waiver process is under review
Security at AMP
- Event chair/asst will take care of security going forward
Truck updates
- No changes
Budget Update
- Club is in good shape, see Derek if you have questions
Website/forum issues
- We will be moving to a new platform for forums and website. Dave to take care of this.
Trophies
- Chris has Fall trophies to distribute, will work on Spring series
SC Changes
- Shawn Warner was voted in as Waiver Chief. The SC thanks Derek Bailey for his service in this role

Hey Dave, thanks for reposting this on the new forums.  It looks great!  We've finally gotten out of the 1990s!

I'm eager to take advantage of that SCCA group buy on helmets since I don't own one.  I trust you'll post when it opens.  If not, does anyone have a good recommendation where I can pick up a decent used helmet?  I'm not looking to spend more than $100.  Thanks!

Thanks Dave.  If the SCCA doesn't get their act together before the 20th, does anyone have any recommendation on where I can get at least a Snell 2015 helmet for less than $100?  I see some are DOT approved when I'm looking online but they rarely tell me what the Snell rating is.  Hell, I don't even know what a Snell rating is!