Porsche club solo events

enigmabjb

I’ve attended a few SCCA solo events at AMP, and in trying to get more seat time I’m considering doing a Porsche club solo event.  I’m unable to go watch a PCA event because of COVID restrictions, so I would like to know how the Porsche club solo events at AMP compare to SCCA solo events?  My understanding is that you run your laps all at once.  I am curious about how many laps you get, how their courses compare to SCCA courses, and whether they provide a course map prior to events.

1 hour ago, enigmabjb said:

I’ve attended a few SCCA solo events at AMP, and in trying to get more seat time I’m considering doing a Porsche club solo event.  I’m unable to go watch a PCA event because of COVID restrictions, so I would like to know how the Porsche club solo events at AMP compare to SCCA solo events?  My understanding is that you run your laps all at once.  I am curious about how many laps you get, how their courses compare to SCCA courses, and whether they provide a course map prior to events.

Actually you run laps in a morning session and an afternoon session. You get a 3/4 lap warm up and then 3-4 flying laps. All laps timed separately. Number of laps depends on number of entrants and course design. Course map is sent via MSR prior to the event. Similar to SCCA course design with slightly higher speeds. call me if you have other questions 

Kim

480 231 9315 

On 9/21/2020 at 9:58 AM, Kim Kemper said:

Actually you run laps in a morning session and an afternoon session. You get a 3/4 lap warm up and then 3-4 flying laps. All laps timed separately. Number of laps depends on number of entrants and course design. Course map is sent via MSR prior to the event. Similar to SCCA course design with slightly higher speeds. call me if you have other questions 

Kim

480 231 9315 

Just registered for the 10/24 event.  :  )