Revised Arizona Autocross Calendar

smeyers

Hello to all, and welcome back. Much has changed, and everyone is doing their best to get the activities rolling again, safely.

So, where and when can we go autocrossing again. I revised the calendar of dates, based upon latest information. If there are any errors or changes, please let me know.

At this time only Arizona Region, Sierra Vista, and PCA have dates actively scheduled. Tucson is stuck, because many grounded aircraft have parked on their lot.

Here's the calendar of events. (Old calendar removed)

Edited by smeyers
Old Calendar Removed

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, again. Good news, Tucson has developed a new site for their autocrossing, until the darn airplanes leave the Marana Airport.  We think.

So, next Sunday, September 27th, there will be an autocross at the Musselman Honda Circuit (11800 S Harrison Rd, Tucson, AZ 85747) as a test event there. Part parking lot, part road course. See Tucson site for details ( HERE ), limited to only 50 drivers, spots going fast. Pre-entries and pre-pay only.

Edited by smeyers
Old Calendar Removed

• 2 weeks later...

Updated 10-01-2020

More good news. Tucson Solo Events will be at the Musselman Honda Circuit for the foreseeable future. Their dates are active again! Yea!

Half road course, half parking lot. Many options.

ALL events shown here are open to all drivers and cars.

Edited by smeyers
Old Calendar Removed

• 2 weeks later...

23rd Speedway Motors Southwest Nationals presented by
Barrett-Jackson

"Duel in the Desert" Autocross Shootout
sponsored by American Racing, K & N, LeCarra, Optima Batteries and Speedway Motors

November 20-22, 2020

Friday - 9am to Noon & 1pm to 5pm
Saturday - 8am to Noon & 1pm to 3pm
4 - 4 Car Shootouts Saturday - 3:30pm to 5pm
All American Sunday - 8am to 12:00pm & 12:30pm to 1:30pm
1-8 Car Shootout Sunday - 1:30pm-2pm

1 hour ago, SSLance said:

1987 or older and you are in...  All American Sunday is open to all years.

And/or if it looks like a 1987 model or older you're in.  I.E. my 1989 super zoomy Corvette CAM-S Car is a 1989, and all C4 Corvettes from 1984 to 1996 look like a 1987 thus, I'm in, if I sign up.

• Like 1

Don’t mind at all adding the date here, good info, but I’d kind of like this thread to stick to just the dates info?

Please move any follow-up event discussion to its own place.

Make sense? A place just for event dates and perhaps a link to that info?

Thx.😃

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

OK, time for an Autocross Calendar Update for the end of this year.

Added Good Guys Barret-Jackson Shoot Out. Read above posts for details and specifics.

Please add any discussions of any events under their own topics in the Forums.👍

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 2.58.44 PM.png

• 3 weeks later...

The moment that 2021 Schedule information is released, I will post here, probably under a new Topic. That would be for the main Arizona autocrossing groups..... Phoenix, Tucson, and Sierra Vista.

I include the Phoenix Porsche Club because they host open to all events. Certain other special open autocrosses will be included too.

Yes, as you noted, the next Phoenix Event is December 19, a SATURDAY. 

2 hours ago, Andy said:

Do we know what next years schedule is yet? Is December 19th the last of the season? 

If you want to sneak a peak at the 2021 schedule, go to the AMP website calendar and scroll through and you will see the future dates.

• Like 1