Course Map Fall 2021 Series Event 1

Nick Sloan

Definitely a good course. Maybe I should have bought a Tesla without a 2nd gear rev limit instead of a STX car. Or I suppose I should learn how to shift properly. 

Either way, good course with plenty of ‘don’t be greedy’ sections, which I always enjoy. 

Edited by Matt U

Matt,

I assure you I do not make a course to fit the car I drive. My initial feedback after starting to do this was things were to tight and lacked line choice. Learning from that while balancing safety concerns over the past 4 courses I have been working on opening things up. Maybe this event was a little to skewed in that direction, if so I will work to do better next time.

I'm sure it was a joke, but I do not appreciate a public post insinuating I do anything for my own gain, because it is simply not the case. 

Edited by Nick Sloan

When we walked the course initially, my first thought was some sections would be super fast...when in fact (at least in the multiple high horsepower cars I drove) we never even got close to the rev limiters.  I think what this showed is the lighter more nimble cars could carry more corner speed prior to the straights and therefore were faster in the straights, whereas the larger cars could not...therefore entered the straights slower and didn't get up to the higher speeds.  I think this really helped to even the playing field for all and was one of the best parts about the course overall.  That and the easy to follow, very little cone carnage\DNF issues encountered. 

More like this please Nick!!  Awesome job.

• Like 2

It flowed well and was very easy to follow. Like lance said us in the bigger more powerful cars didn’t have time to accelerate to limiter before having to get on the binders. The little cars definitely benefited from the sweepers to carry more speed. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next event. 

On 9/27/2021 at 11:38 AM, Nick Sloan said:

Matt,

I assure you I do not make a course to fit the car I drive. My initial feedback after starting to do this was things were to tight and lacked line choice. Learning from that while balancing safety concerns over the past 4 courses I have been working on opening things up. Maybe this event was a little to skewed in that direction, if so I will work to do better next time.

I'm sure it was a joke, but I do not appreciate a public post insinuating I do anything for my own gain, because it is simply not the case. 

Nick,

I trust your not designing courses for your own gain, and yes it was meant as a bit of a joke. Mostly it was a bit of a swipe at myself for not learning to down shift properly, leaving me hunting for a gear while coasting around track. So, there maybe some Tesla envy on my part as well. 

In all seriousness, I really liked the course and your designs. 

• Like 1