Vehicle mod question

ER9240

All of the modifications I’ve made to my car fall within the rules, but I want to make sure I’m interpreting one particular rule correctly. The rules for STU state:

”The air intake system up to, but not including, the engine inlet may be modified or replaced. The engine inlet is the throttle body, carburetor, compressor inlet, or intake manifold, whichever comes first.”

I have an aftermarket “Turbo Inlet Pipe”, but I’m running the stock turbo. The inlet pipe has a larger diameter initial opening which connects to the intake, but necks down to the stock diameter compressor inlet diameter. This is allowable, correct?  Thanks. 

• 1 month later...

Directly out of the Street Touring section

14.2 BODYWORK
A. Pedal cover kits and other interior cosmetic accessories may be added. 
“Dress-up” items such as chrome dipsticks and non-standard filler caps are permitted, provided they serve no other purpose.
B. The driver and front passenger seats may be replaced with the follow-ing restrictions. The seating surface must be fully upholstered. The top of the seat, or an attached headrest, may not be below the center of the driver’s head. The seat, including mounting hardware, must weigh at least 25 pounds and must be attached using the OE body mounting holes/studs. Additional mounting points may be added.

It does not say rear seats can be removed, therefore it is not legal to do so for STU, or any street touring class.

6 hours ago, freakin_elrod said:

Directly out of the Street Touring section

14.2 BODYWORK
A. Pedal cover kits and other interior cosmetic accessories may be added. 
“Dress-up” items such as chrome dipsticks and non-standard filler caps are permitted, provided they serve no other purpose.
B. The driver and front passenger seats may be replaced with the follow-ing restrictions. The seating surface must be fully upholstered. The top of the seat, or an attached headrest, may not be below the center of the driver’s head. The seat, including mounting hardware, must weigh at least 25 pounds and must be attached using the OE body mounting holes/studs. Additional mounting points may be added.

It does not say rear seats can be removed, therefore it is not legal to do so for STU, or any street touring class.

Copy that. Thanks.