2021 Two Days of Awesome - Marana

Manfred

Ok, the usual blurb is on the front page: https://azbrscca.org/

More details: https://www.azbrscca.org/autocross/awesome.html

Registration opens this Thursday Oct 14th at 7pm. I will be out of town by then, if you have trouble registering or have questions, please be patient, you will not hear from me all weekend.

Registration closes Thursday Oct 21 at 7pm. There is no onsite registration. There is no onsite payment.

Reminder that there are two events. They are linked, but exist as totally separate entries in our database. If you want to run both events, you must register for each event individually.

Please read this next part carefully as some payment details have changed. I have made some improvements but the process remains manual and error prone.

If you are registering for only one of the Awesome events:

Register as normal for the one event you will attend. When you get to the registration confirmation screen, please click the Add to Cart button and pay immediately.

If you are doing both Awesome events:

Register as normal for the first event. When you get to the registration confirmation screen, do not pay. Click on "Registration Home" in the upper left corner.

Now click on the second event and register. When you get to the registration confirmation screen, the payment price will reflect the correct Two Days of Awesome discount and also correctly count whether you have selected 0, 1, or 2 Time Only slots for the whole weekend. Please click the Add to Cart button and pay immediately.

Some additional payment info:

There is no real integration between Paypal and our site. That means if you pay up correctly, then edit your registration, the payment confirmation screen will again ask you for payment. Please don't pay a second time. I can refund you, but the club has to eat the Paypal fees anyway. Please also double check the price at checkout! Sometimes people's mouse clicks register twice, and then you get two items in the cart and double the price.

Before the event, someone will match up each payment with a driver. If we can't find a payment from you, we will ask you to pay before the event, and in the worst case we may cancel your entry (especially if there are people on the waitlist behind you). Some of you have been regularly abusing this and not paying. We know who you are. You are just creating more work for volunteers. It needs to stop, or we will start talking about cancelling registration of non-payers or outright event bans.

Some of you use Paypal accounts from weird email addresses or business names that do not match any driver names. To fix this, I've added a text box above the Add to Cart button that is pre-populated with the driver name. Do not delete this. I'm serious. If everyone pays right when they register, we should have no problems and this job should be a lot easier for the volunteer. If you are paying for a codriver or something and can't figure this out, send an email to payments@azbrscca.org with the name on your Paypal account and who you paid for.

If you know where our webpage is with ALL the Paypal links, please don't use it unless you REALLY know what you're doing. I've updated it, but it's error prone because you have to select the correct payment amount. Make sure you enter the driver name before clicking Add to Cart.

If you make changes to your registration after you've paid, and the price changes, send a manual Paypal payment to payments@azbrscca.org.

If you cancel your entry, we receive no notification of that. You should email payments@azbrscca.org and ask for a refund. Note this is subject to the refund policy. The short version is: cancel before registration closes, you get a full refund; cancel after registration closes, please explain to me the mitigating circumstances that caused you to cancel late and I can consider your refund request. Safety is strongly encouraged here. If you wake up and you're sick, don't come, you'll get a full refund; if you got zero hours of sleep due to insomnia and you're not sure you should be in a high performance driving situation, don't come, you'll get a refund. 

Edited by Manfred

I’m new to this chapter of SCCA and am wanting to get back into auto-x. I used to race regularly but it’s been many, many years ago. I’m planning on coming out to the event this weekend but am wanting to get my 13 year old son involved. Am I able to bring him along? My hope is for him to be my shadow and to both ride along and work the heats with me. 

Thanks for any feedback and hope to meet everyone in a few days!

Booked the Hotel Room, Registered, ready to have fun for two days.

Those of you who often go to Tucson, note that if registering for two days the payment process has apparently changed. Like Manfred posted clearly above,🙄 😉 (who reads when they know what they're doing, right)? Do NOT pay for day one. It's all collected in day two. Yeah, I didn't read first.🥵

So, don't be me.  Follow what Manfred posted. See everyone there.👍

Edited by smeyers

On 10/14/2021 at 9:09 PM, Shawn said:

I’m new to this chapter of SCCA and am wanting to get back into auto-x. I used to race regularly but it’s been many, many years ago. I’m planning on coming out to the event this weekend but am wanting to get my 13 year old son involved. Am I able to bring him along? My hope is for him to be my shadow and to both ride along and work the heats with me. 

Thanks for any feedback and hope to meet everyone in a few days!

Minors in the "hot" areas require a Minor Waiver to be filled out.  This requires signatures from both parents/legal guardians.  The best option is for both parents to be on site to sign when an SCCA member can witness the signatures.   If both cannot be on site, there is a form that can be signed in front of a notary form here: https://www.scca.com/downloads    look for SCCA Minor Notary 1068 v9.2020    The form MUST be printed in color

I believe I read somewhere for the duration of Tucson’s Marana access that they would be using the eastern entrance, like the last event. I might be wrong, but I have some recall of that. Not of how to pay correctly, apparently, but entrances I’ve mastered.😂😉👍

On 10/18/2021 at 3:30 PM, Nokones said:

Which gate for this event? I checked the Website and event calendar didn't see which gate for this weekend.

I should update the website - "primary" and "alternate" have swapped, and honestly we will never use the old entrance again unless we are forced to by circumstances outside our control.

I processed 14 refunds, the vast majority of which are due to bad UI/UX. I apologize.

I don't do website or frontend work professionally, so some details I don't think through. What I should've done was put a warning under the payment button not to click it if you were only registered for one day, but wanted to register for the second one still.

If you think you are still owed a refund, please send an email to payments [at] azbrscca.org and I'll take a look.

Gotta say I'm very excited for this event. Many national champs from California coming out. Everybody bring your A-game.

Still plenty of spots left too - come try your hand against the top guns of the West Coast!

For those of you newer to this sport, typically we have our local events in Phoenix, Marana/Musselman, and Sierra Vista. And we also have locally a number of top National-level drivers who reside locally, so we get to see a taste of what excellence in the sport look s like.

Once in a while, thanks to the Tucson Club and a great site, we have a special two-day event just like the larger National Events in California, Nevada, and Texas. And these events will draw some of the better Solo Drivers from farther away to come and compete. This is such an event.

So, if you want to get your feet wet against some of the top drivers in the Country, be sure to come on down and enter this event, once or both days. It's like watching Brian Peters or Doug Rowse times ten. Weather's looking great too.

See you there?

Hey everyone, I want to apologize for leaving the event today abruptly. I was running out of fuel and went to get some only to find I was leaking. So I had to rush home. I hope this didn't cause any issues, and I'm sorry I had to miss my work schedules. 

Thanks to everyone who came out, and a special thanks to all the out of town folks who helped make this a success. Distance record goes to Jeff and Denise Cashmore, from Wisconsin!

Results are now available for both days. Congrats to Tony Rivera for being the Most Awesome driver!