Oct scoring and times

Kim Kemper

Regrettably we had scoring issues at yesterday's event and we apologize for those glitches. (lessons were learned and plans to address the issues are in the works). The timing/scoring crew is working on auditing the two sets of timing sheets then uploading into the results section of the website, please give them some time to audit and compile close to 140 entrants and 5 runs each. 

In the meantime, attached is one set of the timing sheets. First, these are not the official results. Second, they have not been audited against the other set of times. Once the results have been posted you will have the normal process of requesting any edits. So please do not post or request any corrections until the preliminary results are up on the website. 

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Kim

Oct SCCA results timing 1.pdf

Well done Kim and crew. Thanks for this. Will do until official scores come out.👍😎

Suggestion……as someone working as Observer, it would be very handy if these sheets had additional info for announcer and us. Like Car and Class, please. Would make these jobs a lot easier. Spreadsheet grid format too, please.👌

Thanks again.

Edited by smeyers

1 hour ago, desertrat22225 said:

Nothing feels worse than knowing you would have come in first in your class had you not hit that freakin cone 😔

Thanks for posting these!

Oh, there are worse feelings than that!     Even w/out cone (44.2 s), I was probably still 3.8 s off the PAX pace (Using DRowse who also ran D group as a reference: I should have had 40.5 raws). Possibly one of my worst examples ever driving- drove like a sissy through the slaloms and hard braking areas.  The car is working fairly well, but while not having any problem for the very 1st time this year with stalling and coasting off the start line, engine was loading up after the 1st long sweeper at part throttle and was misfiring during long diagonal at the half way point. Might finally be time to give up on this EFI over-ride box and try another one. Might also have erred by having a little too much mechanical and aero understeer cranked in for this event.

Thanks to my competitors and event officials for tolerating an old fool!

For those of you who think, eat, and breathe “Times” and  “PAX”, here’s some numbers to chew on awaiting the real ones.

I would have done more, but too much missing info……

Top Time…..Lewis…..DM…..46.423…..41.549

Top Pax…….Peters…..EV…..46.729……38.598

Other scores of note:

Rowse……….SS…………47.223…….38.865

Phillips…..….CS…………49.001…….39.642

Harnish……..STS……….49.224……39.921

J Wong……..CAM-S…..46.084……40.100

McNulty…….SSC………49.561..…..40.244

I’m not sure exactly what or how, but there was something about this particular course design that kept me off kilter somewhat. Just could not find any kind of rhythm or comfort level.🤔

6 hours ago, smeyers said:

I’m not sure exactly what or how, but there was something about this particular course design that kept me off kilter somewhat. Just could not find any kind of rhythm or comfort level.🤔

I agree with you Scott. It was a course that had some low speed digs, and was difficult to find a line that allowed some speed maintenance. Finally found a line that allowed some early throttle, and added some pressure that resulted in better time. Glad we had 5 runs to allow us old guys to get up to speed.  

37 minutes ago, jwharnish said:

I agree with you Scott. It was a course that had some low speed digs, and was difficult to find a line that allowed some speed maintenance. Finally found a line that allowed some early throttle, and added some pressure that resulted in better time. Glad we had 5 runs to allow us old guys to get up to speed.  

I really enjoyed this course, however it totally kicked my butt. Looking back, I was really over driving the course. I'm having a bit of a difficult time identifying whether I really need to brake or just let off the throttle on certain parts. As well as when to start braking a little earlier when needed. 

55 minutes ago, HarryB PRC said:

Tried logging in from my tablet and it didn't recognize my PW.

I ran B20.

My runs were 54.x, second run was a 56.x dirty with a passenger, the rest are as I remember them.

No idea who that 55 belongs to.. maybe the Neon?

All

A reminder please, what was posted was not audited, and thus not official. When prelim results are posted you can bring up any corrections you feel are needed. 

Thank you

Kim

Update on results.

We are working on getting them up today but it may sometime this weekend.  Once results are up please bear in mind they are draft results and based on the paper timing sheets so they may require more clean up then usual.

Apologies for the delay and issues, our electronic timing and scoring system crashed and on top of that our Chief of Timing and scoring is out of town with limited phone and email access.