Question on Novice School, Arizona Motorsports Park

Banner

So we aren't going to be running a driver's school this year. Instead, it will be a test and tune day. Well be making some announcements about it soon, and if they relax restrictions, we should have some instructors annular that day if you'd like some help. But that one is a bit out of our hands at this point...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Dave said:

So we aren't going to be running a driver's school this year. Instead, it will be a test and tune day. Well be making some announcements about it soon, and if they relax restrictions, we should have some instructors annular that day if you'd like some help. But that one is a bit out of our hands at this point...

Dave, will there be corner weighing at that event?  Long ago there were club scales, but it's been a long time since I've seen any mention of them.... so I'm not sure if they're around any more.

Banner, the SCCA guide would be a good start.  On page 57 is where course penalties (including specifics about pylons) are discussed.

https://solo.stlscca.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/2020-SCCA-Solo-Rules-3-16-20.pdf

You'd want to get there early enough so that you'd have time to walk the course at least 2 times.  If there's a walking group where someone is explaining specifics about each section of the course, that would also be good for you... but I'm not sure if those are going on right now.

Edited by morbid
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, morbid said:

Banner, the SCCA guide would be a good start.  On page 57 is where course penalties (including specifics about pylons) are discussed.

https://solo.stlscca.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/2020-SCCA-Solo-Rules-3-16-20.pdf

You'd want to get there early enough so that you'd have time to walk the course at least 2 times.  If there's a walking group where someone is explaining specifics about each section of the course, that would also be good for you... but I'm not sure if those are going on right now.

Thank you, I'll be sure to review the guide and arrive early.