Two Days of Awesome 2020

Manfred

Hi everyone, the 2020 Two Days of Awesome is a go! I've got a LOT of changes to make to the website, they will hopefully go live early next week. But I can give a sneak peak on the most important details.

We will be running at Musselman again. There are still too many planes parked at Marana.

$10 discount if you do both days. But we aren't forcing you to do both; you can do one or the other. Sunday counts as a Fall series event, Saturday counts as a standalone special event. We will also post special results for everyone where we combine both days, just like a national event.

Due to covid, no group dinner Saturday night. 😞

For those of you interested in overnight camping or RV parking, we're working on those details and we'll have more for you soon.

Any other questions, feel free to post here. Hope to see you all out there!

I've updated the website with more information. Let me know if there are any questions I've missed.

I'm working on the most crude implementation of a waitlist. It's not ready yet, hopefully I'll have it up this weekend. I will give at least 24 hours notice when I turn this feature on and y'all can have an F5 battle to see who gets in line first. I know that sucks, I'm working on it.

No Novices again this month. Sorry. Hopefully next month?

On 10/7/2020 at 9:10 PM, Manfred said:

Hi everyone, the 2020 Two Days of Awesome is a go! I've got a LOT of changes to make to the website, they will hopefully go live early next week. But I can give a sneak peak on the most important details.

We will be running at Musselman again. There are still too many planes parked at Marana.

$10 discount if you do both days. But we aren't forcing you to do both; you can do one or the other. Sunday counts as a Fall series event, Saturday counts as a standalone special event. We will also post special results for everyone where we combine both days, just like a national event.

Due to covid, no group dinner Saturday night. 😞

For those of you interested in overnight camping or RV parking, we're working on those details and we'll have more for you soon.

Any other questions, feel free to post here. Hope to see you all out there!

I signed up for the event last night at 7 when it first opened. $70 was charged to my PayPal account. Went in today to sign up my son, it says I am not registered! Please help me here.

Manfred knows far more than I do, but I’ll try to chip in.

You do know your son has to have his own account, right? So you go into your account, sign up, hit register (green button), pay, and sign out. Next time you sign in, then it will show you as registered.

Next, create a separate account for your son, same drill.

Be sure to add a car to your garage(s).....😉

Did that help?

Yes - 

I saw the not registered on my smart phone - got home last not and signed on PC and it showed me registered. (I may have screwed up my id when using my club fingers on the phone) My son has created an account last night and is gonna register right now. Putting my 71 Vet in his garage. Reading up last night that would be CAM - S, Correct? And my car 2020 Corvette, would be SS, correct?

I am coming in Friday night with my class C motorhome. Cant wait to meet you guys  and see how my car does on an Autocross. Did a practice Autocross with it and really need to be past the Apex before you can hit the throtte, bad understeer in tight corners under throttle.

THANKs for the advice and help

This is from the Arizona Region......likely pretty similar. Could find nothing on the Tucson Site.

Novice: A Novice is defined as someone who has less than one year of experience in autocross, has entered less than 6 events in the AZ Region and who has not received a trophy in any class/category in an AZ Region autocross. Competitors in the Novice class may ride with others prior to their own competition runs without penalty. This rule is to encourage Novice competitors to learn from more experienced drivers and reduce DNF's and getting lost on course in their first few events.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 8:41 AM, smeyers said:

Is it possible to Run Group A and work Group B? Not doing TO's.

Update.......Registration Open, signed up for both days. Bet the spots go fast.

I've addressed this here: 

There are only two run groups for the event. You must work one entire run group. This is a covid thing and it'll go away when the site restrictions go away.

On 10/15/2020 at 7:49 PM, RMBLFSH said:

Dumb question: what is the Border Region SCCA's definition of "novice"?

Thank you.

Here are supps: https://www.azbrscca.org/autocross/supplemental.html

entrants that have not won a trophy in an AZBR series in any category and who have competed in 6 or fewer events with AZBR. If an entrant reaches the 6 event limit in the middle of an ongoing series, they will be allowed to complete the series in the Novice category.

I think Dave Rock and Rob Rockefeller are handling this, with some kind of subjective standard more or less in line with the above. We're just being cautious and we want to make sure the people who are running these first few Musselman events are experienced enough to make it through the event without instructor help (which we can't provide due to covid). You can reach out to Dave and Rob here: https://www.azbrscca.org/about/board.html

And I'm sorry I haven't gotten to your question sooner, I've been swamped this week.

Edited by Manfred

On 10/17/2020 at 11:18 AM, Dadio said:

Yes - 

I saw the not registered on my smart phone - got home last not and signed on PC and it showed me registered. (I may have screwed up my id when using my club fingers on the phone) My son has created an account last night and is gonna register right now. Putting my 71 Vet in his garage. Reading up last night that would be CAM - S, Correct? And my car 2020 Corvette, would be SS, correct?

I am coming in Friday night with my class C motorhome. Cant wait to meet you guys  and see how my car does on an Autocross. Did a practice Autocross with it and really need to be past the Apex before you can hit the throtte, bad understeer in tight corners under throttle.

THANKs for the advice and help

I see a '71 Vette registered for Saturday but NOT Sunday. I see you registered Saturday AND Sunday. If that's not correct then your son will need to get on the waitlist when I turn that feature on.

On 10/14/2020 at 11:14 PM, Manfred said:

I'm working on the most crude implementation of a waitlist. It's not ready yet, hopefully I'll have it up this weekend. I will give at least 24 hours notice when I turn this feature on and y'all can have an F5 battle to see who gets in line first. I know that sucks, I'm working on it.

The waitlist feature will be turned on at 8am MST this Tuesday the 20th of October.

This feature will be kinda limited to start - you'll be able to register past the 50 person cap. It will tell you that you're waitlisted. You will automatically bump off the waitlist as people cancel, but there won't be any automatic notifications to you. There will be a way for you to check if you are waitlisted or if you are bumped into the event.

And that's all I can code in the time I have. I will try to have email notifications working for November or December.

I will post a separate thread later with instructions for how to check your waitlist status.

Registration closes at 7pm this Thursday. If you haven't paid by then, I will cancel your entry and bump someone off the waiting list. 

2 hours ago, Manfred said:

Here are supps: https://www.azbrscca.org/autocross/supplemental.html

I think Dave Rock and Rob Rockefeller are handling this, with some kind of subjective standard more or less in line with the above. We're just being cautious and we want to make sure the people who are running these first few Musselman events are experienced enough to make it through the event without instructor help (which we can't provide due to covid). You can reach out to Dave and Rob here: https://www.azbrscca.org/about/board.html

And I'm sorry I haven't gotten to your question sooner, I've been swamped this week.

Thanks. By that definition I am a novice.

See you guys next time...(you have a Saturday event)

Refund policy (this mostly applies while we're running events with entry caps):

• Cancel before close of registration = refund (please email me, the website doesn't send me any notifications that you cancelled)
  • Cancel after close of registration with a good reason (car broke, you're feeling sick) = refund
  • No show without emailing anyone = NO refund

This is not a hard and fast policy. Life has gray areas. If in doubt, email me, I'm going to go out of my way to avoid being a jerk to people.

That said, if you're a no show and you haven't emailed someone? Don't expect your money back. Don't expect credit for the next event. We're not going to look kindly on people who soak up an entry spot and doesn't show while there are people on a waitlist; we ask that you go out of your way to avoid being a jerk to people as well.

I also want to emphasize that safety is important, especially in the middle of a pandemic. If you're feeling sick, PLEASE do not show up to the event because you're afraid I won't refund you; email me (even if it's the morning of the event) and tell me you feel sick and I'll get you a refund. I had someone cancel last event because they were struck by insomnia and felt it was unsafe to autox on no sleep. That is a GREAT call and I offered them a refund. Please don't be afraid to email me.

Tonight's announcements:

• Some of you paid for two days, but only registered for one. You need to register individually for Saturday and Sunday. Please double check your entries now. This is not a thing I can fix - if you're not on the list for Saturday, you don't get in the gate! If you're not on the list for Sunday, same story! Make sure you are on both lists!

• Anyone who hasn't paid by 7pm sharp tomorrow will be cancelled to make space for people on the waitlist. There will be no exceptions. I am sending courtesy emails tonight. I will not do this for future events. Going forward, it is your responsibility to make sure you pay on time.

• If you're on the waitlist when reg closes tomorrow at 7pm, you will get an email from me by 7:15pm telling you:
    • You made it in to the event, you need to pay
    • Sorry, you didn't make it in

• Reminder, I have instructions on how to check your waitlist status.