Noise test for the 17th event

Dadio

I moved here from PA and want to start autocrossing with you. I was previously and SCCA member but stopped several years ago. I have a 2020 C8 corvette and want to register for next weeks even but I also have a 1971 Corvette I autocrossed in PA and Ct with side pipes. I recently purchased the quiet mufflers for it but looking to day at registration only the morning groups (A+B) will have soiund testing but both them are full. Is there anyway to bring the corvette early and get it sound tested even though it can only be registered in D? I have 2 sons who would drive that car. Please let me know. thanks

We're still waiting to hear the status of sound tests for this event.  We have had another c8 run without issues (that I know of), so I imagine it would be ok, we may have you come in the morning for just sound and then you would have to come back for your afternoon session. I'll pay updates on sound tests for this month when I get them.

Dadio

you might consider placing a free db app on your phone, have a friend stand 50 feet from the street  aim phone stationary (don’t follow the car) directly at the car as you drive past at the top (rpm) of second or third (depends on gearing but at around 50-60 mph). That should give you a decent sense of whether the car will be a sound issue at AMP. AMP limit is 96 db. If the exhaust on your 2020 is stock that car should be fine.