SCCA annual waivers are going digital

Kim Kemper

SCCA will soon be putting out a member notice that Digital Annual Waivers for Adults and Minors are available in your Member Account Portal. They will no longer be processing hard cards and annual waivers will only be handled electronically. Attached is information from SCCA about the change.  Please note that Lance will be exploring integration of this new process into MSR but until/if that is in effect SCCA waivers for our events remain only through Speedwaiver.

DigitalAnnualWaiverseff12012021_SCCA2022.pdf

• Thanks 3

• 10 months later...

I'm not positive if Faith at waivers will let you on site with the digital waiver but I believe she will. 

It does however make us at registration do an extra step while checking you in if you do not do the Speedwaiver.  So we at registration would appreciate it if you would complete the Speedwaiver.  I have the annual digital as well and still do my Speedwaiver to help make things run smoother.

MSR is aware of this and it is on there list of things to upgrade but as of yet they still do not recognize them.

On 12/2/2021 at 8:59 AM, Kim said:

SCCA will soon be putting out a member notice that Digital Annual Waivers for Adults and Minors are available in your Member Account Portal. They will no longer be processing hard cards and annual waivers will only be handled electronically. Attached is information from SCCA about the change.  Please note that Lance will be exploring integration of this new process into MSR but until/if that is in effect SCCA waivers for our events remain only through Speedwaiver.

DigitalAnnualWaiverseff12012021_SCCA2022.pdf 781.41 kB · 95 downloads

Kim, do we need to delay doing this until after the first of the 2023 year? Or if we do this now, will it automatically extend through all of next year, or only until this date next year?

Thanks,

My annual waiver and I assume all annual waivers expire on a calendar year (mine expires 12/31/2022) basis just like annual tech, unaware of any National office direction to base it on issue date or membership renewal date 

My annual waiver on my scca card does not contain my photo so additional proof (ie drivers license) would need to be displayed 

As mentioned by Lance we will continue to request MSR and SCCA to integrate SCCA annual waivers into their feed to MSR. 

Before speedwaivers came in effect, I had an annual waiver and the back of my membership card had it listed with all my specialty licenses along with my picture. My membership expires in July and at the time my annual waiver expired at the end of December.

Will we need to have our signature notarized for the new annual waiver?

Edited by Nokones

After review and discussions: 

(1) Speedwaiver is the strongly preferred method of SCCA waiver execution at PASR events for entrants and registered guests. 

(2) SCCA annual waiver will be accepted provided  (a) must be current (b) a clear picture of your face must be on the waiver (c) you must present evidence of the annual waiver to the waiver station - "It's on file" or "I forget it" is not acceptable and Speedwaiver will then need to be completed to enter the event - you will be required to move out the the waiver line to complete Speedwaiver. 

(3) Lastly, regardless of using Speedwaiver or Annual waiver to complete the SCCA waiver requirement, you must also sign the AMP waiver. 

thank you!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kim said:

After review and discussions: 

(1) Speedwaiver is the strongly preferred method of SCCA waiver execution at PASR events for entrants and registered guests. 

(2) SCCA annual waiver will be accepted provided  (a) must be current (b) a clear picture of your face must be on the waiver (c) you must present evidence of the annual waiver to the waiver station - "It's on file" or "I forget it" is not acceptable and Speedwaiver will then need to be completed to enter the event - you will be required to move out the the waiver line to complete Speedwaiver. 

(3) Lastly, regardless of using Speedwaiver or Annual waiver to complete the SCCA waiver requirement, you must also sign the AMP waiver. 

thank you!

My SCCA Annual Membership/Waiver card has my picture, and as Kim stated is good through the end of each year. But, my picture is on the front of the membership card, and the waiver date is on the back of the membership card. So therefore, it appears the membership card is in fact the SCCA Waiver card too. There is no second separate Waiver Card.

So if we flash our membership card, then the back showing the waiver info, that would be the same as flashing the Speedwaiver picture? Right? Would take no extra time.

If Lance and Faith would prefer we just do the Speedwaiver, not a big deal. Seems contradictory to have SCCA offer the Yearly waiver if the preferred Speedwaiver system can't integrate it. Whatever our Club needs to make the workers jobs easiest.

If you apply for the Digital Waiver this year, it will expire on 12-31-22. I assume if the MSR will not integrate the digital waiver, we probably would have to be ready to show proof twice, at the waiver station and at registration

Edited by Nokones

For those of us who travel to Sierra Vista and Tucson events, the SCCA Annual Waivers are accepted there.

Ken, so per your timeline, all SCCA Annual Waivers can only be done after January 1st of each year? I’m envisioning something like the Oklahoma Land Rush scenario of the 1830’s…….🤕

1 hour ago, smeyers said:

For those of us who travel to Sierra Vista and Tucson events, the SCCA Annual Waivers are accepted there.

Ken, so per your timeline, all SCCA Annual Waivers can only be done after January 1st of each year? I’m envisioning something like the Oklahoma Land Rush scenario of the 1830’s…….🤕

Probably. I wasn't around or was I a figment of anyone's imagination during the 1800's so I do not have any sense on what would a land rush anywhere during that Era be like. Based on the fact that I applied for a digital waiver today, the response to my application is pending approval of the photo file I sent in and the response indicated that my waiver will expire on 12-31-22. I don't know what would happen, insofar as an expiration date, if I apply on 12-30-22.

14 hours ago, Nokones said:

If you apply for the Digital Waiver this year, it will expire on 12-31-22. I assume if the MSR will not integrate the digital waiver, we probably would have to be ready to show proof twice, at the waiver station and at registration

only at waiver 

14 hours ago, smeyers said:

Scott

I am not sure when SCCA starts processing annuals for the upcoming year, I was able to process my 2022 annual waiver in early Dec of 2021

Kim

19 hours ago, Nokones said:

I'll try to make this clearer how the Digital Annual waiver affects us at registration.  

We don't care what waiver you use to get through the gate, we only care about getting you checked into the system to show that you are on site and to get you entered into the timing and scoring software. 

However, because we use the Speedwaiver system inside MSR, EVERY entry that gets checked in at Registration has to either already have a completed Speedwaiver on file with their entry with the name spelled exactly as it is on the entry OR Registration has to back end around the entry causing extra key strokes and extra time during check in.

In other words, getting everyone through Registration quicker and easier for all requires all entrants to complete a Speedwaiver for each event.

We have asked MSR for a way to work around this, either by them recognizing completed Digital Annual waivers or letting us not require Speedwaivers at check in.  So far, they have not fulfilled either request. 

My educated guess is roughly 95% of the 150 drivers we have at each event complete the Speedwaiver correctly for each event, Registration thanks each and every one of you that does for helping us get everyone checked in faster.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, smeyers said:

Kim, thank you.

Again, I would only do this if quick and easy for Faith and the Waiver station….

Picture for Ken about the 1830 OKLAHOMA Land Rush….. I was there, apparently he was not. 😂

image.thumb.jpeg.2898b330c9b641a0db90862f053b10a2.jpeg

Hmmm, looks like a lot of horsepower back in them days.  Thanks Scott.

31 minutes ago, Manfred said:

Wow, that sucks. Kinda glad I have succeeded at keeping Border Region off of MSR.

What I'll do is complete the speedwaiver, but flash my annual at the gate. It's faster than digging for a screenshot.

Thanks Manfred...

You take the bad with the good I guess. 

I currently have 143 driver's entries complete including work assignments (except for grid #s which I'll wait a while yet to do) for the Nov 13 event and viewable for everyone to see on the attendee page. 

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.status/uidEvent/FA1BC0D7-D9AF-FCBF-F3128E363B9BDD7C

We check in 150ish drivers in less than an hour and can press one button and then import all driver's info into the Timing and Scoring software completely accurate including No Shows.  I also print all worker check in sheets straight out of MSR as well as the Announcer's sheets. 

Having all of this in one neat tidy package makes it super easy to keep events running fast and efficient allowing more time to get more runs in for everyone.  It does take some tweaking and practice to get efficient at the running the backside of MSR and I still learn new things about it every event, but I couldn't see ever going back to not using this very powerful tool to run events.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Manfred said:

What I'll do is complete the speedwaiver, but flash my annual at the gate. It's faster than digging for a screenshot.

As one of the folks who has, and will, be working waiver I'll say that most folks have their Speedwaiver ready to go and it really doesn't slow things down.

At this point I have never seen an annual waiver and instructions from Faith are "no Speedwaiver, no entry". Perhaps we'll get new instructions for the next event. 

If you screen shot your speed waiver AND have it ready on your phone BEFORE you get to the gate, it's easy to get you through. It's when you DON'T have it ready that it takes time. Even with  speed waiver done most people don't have it ready for us at waiver. Whatever you choose to use please have it handy (ready to show) when you get to waiver. It really speeds it up.

Edited by Faith Hare
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I just received my new SCCA membership card and it has the Annual Waiver Audit on it.    Does that mean I can just show the card and NOT sign the paper form?   Or do I still do the Speedwaiver link AND the paper signature at the site?