Videos from AMP 10-17-2020

SSLance

Super fun course and a well run event, thanks to all that put in the extra work to make these happen.

Here's my fastest 46.395 run.  I was learning a new torsen diff that made the car completely different and I picked up time on every single run.  Thought I put down a pretty decent lap until all the fast guys ran in the afternoon session.  Really hope some of you will post videos so I can see where I left all the time on the table.  Now that the car will do things it could never do before, the driver needs to learn how to make it do those things faster...

Hi Lance,

I will provide some feedback on your video. The camera position you use is really great as a training tool for seeing where you are looking as your driving the course. Everyone says LOOK AHEAD, but what does that mean? You should try looking ahead at the corner exits. One of the ways you lower your times is by getting on the throttle as soon as possible exiting a corner.

I will share some time markers in your video and point out where I was looking at that moment. See if you were looking in that direction.

0:07 - Looking at the exit of the slalom.

0:12 - Head turned way left looking at the exit of the box.

0:22 - Head looking right out the passenger window at the corner exit of the sweeper.

0:32 - Looking all the way down at the exit of that tight left.

0:38 - I was looking at the cone that started the right hand turn at 0:41.

0:41 - Looking out the passenger window at the entrance cone of the final sweeper.

0:44 - Looking at the final cone just before the finish so I could get nice and close to it. Where did you end up in relation to that cone in your video?

Let me know if this helps at all.

Thanks for the feedback Nick.  I'm doing my homework assignment now.  😃

I've been told in the past that I drive off the front of my hood and by memory, but in my defense...my car demanded too much attention to what it's doing right now to worry about what's coming up.  🤣  Lately though the car is MUCH improved and I have been trying to concentrate more on looking ahead.

0:07 - Looking at the exit of the slalom. 

I was probably looking at the 2nd pin in slalom, I did get behind in most of my runs in the last two pins and never really got the speed I wanted thru the last 3 pins

0:12 - Head turned way left looking at the exit of the box.

Pfft...I'm maybe looking at the first inside pin trying to set up getting into the box...and still had trouble with my braking zone.  At 15 seconds you can see me glance up to find the exit once I didn't knock the wall down on the back of the box. 

0:22 - Head looking right out the passenger window at the corner exit of the sweeper.

Looks like I glanced to the exit at about 26 seconds, again just past the apex.

0:32 - Looking all the way down at the exit of that tight left.

I glanced at exit about 35 seconds.

0:38 - I was looking at the cone that started the right hand turn at 0:41.

I feel like I got these last two sections down pretty well, was pretty happy with my car placement and speed.  Maybe looked ahead a touch later than you but still knew where I needed to be.

0:41 - Looking out the passenger window at the entrance cone of the final sweeper.

I completely missed looking ahead here.

0:44 - Looking at the final cone just before the finish so I could get nice and close to it. Where did you end up in relation to that cone in your video?

So I looked ahead at 44 at that cone but still didn't get my arc right through that turn.  I knew where I needed to be but just didn't do what my car needed to get there.  Both there and the entrance to the first box I overdrove the entry multiple times and pushed the front trying to turn in. 

With the old diff I would have entered these much easier because the car would upset so easily there, with the new diff it was so much more confidence inducing that I was overdriving in.  I need to find a happier medium getting in there which would let me carry more speed through apex and also get back onto the gas earlier on exit.    

Let me know if this helps at all.

Yeah, it helps a ton to talk through a run like this. Thank you for taking the time...  I feel like I'm at the point where I need instruction again to really fine tune my ability to minimize time on course.  I'm using Solostorm and that helps after the fact but without a really good co-driver to compare to during runs, it is hard to use it to get better in real time.