2006 Honda S2000 Classification?

NickB

I'm new to autocross and I was trying to register for event on January 16th, but I'm unsure what class I should be in. Reading the GCR and then matching that to the drop down of categories is a bit challenging. I have a bone-stock '06 Honda S2000. This appears the meet the SCCA requirements for "production" but this doesn't' seem to match any options in the drop down. I've selected a 'Street class C' for now as I see another S2000 listed there.  

Anyone know if I guessed correctly?

Welcome Nick! Yes, all Honda S2000's are in CS for the Street Category, then SST for the Street Touring category (this was a recent change from STR) if the car has modifications such as coilovers. If you have any modifications whatsoever it can bump you out of the Street category, so be sure check the rules or ask here for clarification if your car has anything done to it. Autocross rules are quite different than the GCR, which is for Club Racing (wheel-to-wheel track racing). Click the link below for the SCCA Solo (autocross) rules page, once there click on the 2021 Solo Rules Download (the 2022 rules will be updated very soon, but the 2021 rules will answer most questions).

Easiest way to find the autocross related content is go to scca.com, then select autocross on the "programs" drop-down menu.

https://www.scca.com/pages/solo-cars-and-rules

I'm not the first owner but I couldn't find any evidence of modifications. I even noticed he orderd the JDM version (light-blue vs dark blue) of the oil filter of all things. I should be in street class.  What I don't' get is from the GCR's to the A-F classifications.  I couldn't' find it.

• Kim Kemper changed the title to https://forum.azsolo.com/index.php?/topic/3221-2006-honda-s2000-classification/2006 Honda S2000 Classification?
  • Kim Kemper changed the title to 2006 Honda S2000 Classification?
  • 2 weeks later...

Where you the black CR in Group B?  I found the guys running that grey track-modified S2k with the carbon top but didn't' manage to track you down. I was sorta seeing everything for the first time so I was a little overwhelmed!  

I had so much fun!  Sadly with my work schedule I can only make Sunday events, so I won't be there every weekend, but after the fun I had I'll be back for sure!