Technical inspection question

RMBLFSH

I am a a complete novice at auto-crossing, but have seen what you guys do, and it looks like fun. So...I built an old muscle car into what I think could be a decent auto-crosser. I would like to have it teched now, so that I can correct any issues prior to race day. Could someone connect me with an inspector?

Tech inspection for autocross is mostly safety related.  Battery tied down tight, all lugnuts present, no major fluid leaks, tires good, no cords showing, brake pedal pressure, throttle return spring, and then things like driver's floormat removed, all loose items inside the car removed, etc.  Since you mention muscle car, I'll also bring up sound...the car needs to be below 96db at 50' at wide open throttle.  You can reach out to me at LSVLance@gmail.com if you have further questions, happy to help out more if I can.

Lace covered it! For the soundcheck, you can download a dB app on your phone and test as Lace stated. They are not 100% accurate but they will allow you to gauge if you are well under or way over. I can tell you, likely if you have a V8 with no mufflers or straight through you will likely fail.

There are a good number of muscle cars running here, don't feel discouraged.  Several of us have had to alter our exhausts or change and or add mufflers to their setups to pass sound.  Both my Chevelle and my wife's F100 run a a fairly loud muffler but added another muffler or resonator to help attenuate the sound to passible levels.  Others have had good results with wire mesh inserts or just picking more effective mufflers.