TEST-N-TUNE/PRACTICE EVENT - SATURDAY MARCH 12, 2022

Nokones

The Phoenix AZ Solo Region (PASR) is hosting a Test-N-Tune event on Saturday, March 12, 2022, at the Arizona Motorsports Park (AMP).  This event will not be part of the PASR Spring Season Point Series.  The next PASR Spring Season Point Series Event, will be the following day, with a different course design. If you wish to enter both events you must separately register for them, details to follow. No on-site registration will be held.

This event is for you to practice on developing your driving skills and/or trying out different chassis or tire setups, etc.  There will be no recording/posting of your times, rather you will receive a timing slip for each run, as you exit the course.  We will not be recording cones hit or DNFs. The run-time marked on each timing slip will be for you to use to measure the various testing phases to see what works best.

The event format will consist of a run/work/rest period in both the morning and afternoon sessions.  Each session will have three run groups. Yes, with only one entry, you will get to run, work, and rest in both the morning and afternoon sessions.  

The Region will provide each entry with a lunch, lunch for guests (after the entrants are fed) may be available for purchase from the vendor until sold out. 

The Region will put a maximum Cap on the number of entries and that number will be met very fast so we would recommend to quickly sign-up when the event is open for registration on the MSR.  The event will be posted approximately two weeks prior to the event.

As with all SCCA events, you must be a valid member or have a weekend pass to enter the event and you may bring a guest to the practice event.  You will be required to forward the Speedwaiver Link to your event guest and they must complete the Speedwaiver prior to arriving on-site. No annual tech will be conducted at this event. 

The event Schedule will be posted to this forum in the near future to list the various times for arriving on-site, course open for walk, drivers’ safety meeting, first car-out, run and work groups, and rest periods, and the cost of each event entry. 

Registration will open on Friday, February 25, 2022, at 8:00 PM Arizona Standard Time.

If you have any questions about this event, post here or ask any PASR Steering Committee member or myself.  I can be reached by email at nokones@kenmitchell.com

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

All signed up. I do need a instructor/ driver for a course run Saturday with a refresher. I will be attending Sunday as well. My lesson learned last Autocross was getting the tire pressure dialed in. Bring a chair, get ready to tape up #'s. Not sure when #'s are placed during the event.  

27 minutes ago, smeyers said:

Staff handle numbering systems…..lately on windshield with small sticker. Assuming the same for this.

Scott:

We are looking at various options to make it easier/simple for both the drivers and event staff for the Test-N-Tune event only. The Sunday event should be the normal procedure.

We will know more after this morning what would be the option.

On 2/25/2022 at 9:58 PM, AaronM said:

All signed up. I do need a instructor/ driver for a course run Saturday with a refresher. I will be attending Sunday as well. My lesson learned last Autocross was getting the tire pressure dialed in. Bring a chair, get ready to tape up #'s. Not sure when #'s are placed during the event.  

Aaron:

I am the Event Chair for the Test-N-Tune event. At your leisure, please PM me or contact me by my email nokones@kenmitchell.com

On 2/26/2022 at 7:35 AM, smeyers said:

Staff handle numbering systems…..lately on windshield with small sticker. Assuming the same for this.

Scott - yes, everyone will get a windshield sticker from Registration just like a regular points series event.

At this very moment, there are only 2 spots left for the March 12, 2022, Test-N-Tune/Practice event left.  That will take the number of entries to the maximum cap. of 72, 24 cars per group.  If you are thinking about entering the event, you better sign up before the last two spots are filled.  If you sign up after the last two spots are filled, you will be placed on a waitlist.

For your convenience, here is the link to register for the event. AZ Solo Autocross Spring 2022 Series Test N Tune (motorsportreg.com)

The Event is now at the maximum capacity.  If you are still thinking about signing up, you should go ahead and sign up and get on the waiting list just in case that someone is unable to make it at the last moment.  This does happen. 

Edited by Nokones

There was a cancellation for the Test-N-Tune Event and there is one spot left.  So, if you're deciding to attend, this is the time to make a decision before that spot is taken up and the last lunch serving is spoken for.  Now, if you do sign up that doesn't mean that you will be last in line for the lunch serving.  We just want to make sure that everyone gets served with a Region provided lunch at the Event.

Registration will close this Thursday at 8:00PM AST (Arizona Standard Time) so you better hurry up and log-on to your MSR account and click-on for the event before registration closes or someone else gets the last spot and you're waitlisted.  Just so you know, there is no other option for a fun-packed event anywhere in the Land of Phoenix Arizona Solo Region (PASR) on that day.

Oh, one other thing, guest may be invited providing that you send them the Speedwaiver invitation link and they complete the waiver.  They will be required to show at the Waiver Station that they completed the waiver process.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at nokones@kenmitchell.com or any PASR Board Member.

Edited by Nokones