TEST-N-TUNE/PRACTICE EVENT - OPERATION SCHEDULE

Nokones

Attached is the Test-N-Tune Event Operation Schedule for Saturday, March 12, 2022.  You should print it out and have a copy with you during the event so you know when you will be running, working, resting, and when is your assigned Lunch Period starts.  PLEASE NOTE THE MORNING TIMES BEFORE THE FIRST CAR GOES OUT AT 8:15. MOST OF THESE TIMES ARE EARLIER THAN A REGULAR SEASON POINTS EVENT.

As a note, we are looking into the possibility of having three Grid Areas.  This will allow you to Grid your car the entire day in the same space.  If this comes to fruition, the Group C drivers will utilize Grid #3 and not Grid #1.  The Group A drivers will be able to keep their cars in their space all day. 

Grid #1 will start from the East End of the Grid Area with Grid #3 at the West End.  Also, we will try to have your Grid Assignments identified prior to the event and will post the assignments on this Forum. 

When you arrive on-site, drive to your Space and unload your car.  If you do not have an annual tech inspection, you will need to have your car teched for the day.  All cars will be checked for an Annual Tech Inspection Sticker, that should be affixed to the inside of your driver's door, prior to you starting your first run. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at nokones@kenmitchell.com and/or contact any Board Member, or you may post your question to this forum.

Test-N-Tune Event Schedule - 3 Run Groups.pdf

Edited by Nokones
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Harvell said:

When I signed up, it was my understanding that B would work when A was running,  C would work when B was running, and A would work when C was running.  From the schedule you just posted, that is not the case.  What caused the change from the signup until now or was I mistaken?

MSR is and has been setup as follows:

Run A, Work C

Run B, Work A

Run C, Work B

Edited by SSLance

John:

Please check my original post.  The Event Operation Schedule is attached and that will be schedule for the event.   If for some reason that you signed up for a group that you do not want, you might be able to edit your entry and make the change you desire before Reg opens up tonight, providing that the change you make is at max. cap.

Thanks for the feedback Lance and Ken. Additionally, Kim called me this afternoon and offered to place me in another group if that worked better for me. I appreciate the support. I was just confused about the run/work order because I thought I had signed up to work the A group and run in the B group during registration.  I was happy about that because I would not required to be there until 3:40 pm.  However, with that said, I'm certainly prepared and willing to do my part supporting other peoples driving efforts. Also, I would prefer to run in the B group either way. So I told Kim that I was going to just stay in the groups that I had signed up for.  My main reason for asking the question was to potentially correct an error if there was a mistake in the operation schedule. Clearly that is not the case. Sorry for any confusion I created.

Best regards,

John

I made a very minor change to the Event Operation Schedule.  The revised schedule is attached to the original post.  All the times stay the same.  I just removed the item that called the cars to Grid.  We will have three Grids whereas you will be assigned a permanent Grid Space all day.  A Grid Map will be posted to a separate post on this Forum.

Edited by Nokones

• Nokones changed the title to TEST-N-TUNE/PRACTICE EVENT - OPERATION SCHEDULE

I want to reiterate the early start times for the Test-N-Tune Event to make sure everyone knows to be there and ready earlier than a regular Season Points Event.  The times are:

06:00 Site/Gate Open and Equipment Setup

06:30 Gates Open for Drivers & Guests

06:40 Registration & Tech Opens

07:00 Course Open For Walking

07:30 Novice Course Walk

07:35 Registration & Tech closes

07:45 Course Closed For Walking

07:50 ALL CARS SHOULD BE ON GRID FOR ALL GROUPS

08:00 Driver's Meeting

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at nokones@kenmitchell.com or by posting your question to this forum.

I made another "Last Change" to the event schedule.  I added in the time to call workers to report/check in for the first run group in the morning session.  This is really important for the Run Group "C" Drivers that will work the first group.  The schedule reflects the time of 7:50AM to report/check-in just before the 8:00AM Driver's Safety Meeting.

I posted the corrected Event Schedule file to the original post above.

On 3/8/2022 at 3:27 PM, Nokones said:

This is really important for the Run Group "C" Drivers that will work the first group...

Ken,

Note that .pdf attachment with the first post shows 8:15am -- A- Run C-Rest B-Work... same order as confirmed on the work assignments today... not as indicated here in all of the  posts on the topic and e-mail, etc.  I did ask Lance to clarify and he stated his work assignments are correct, and also in line with the .pdf we printed out.