March Pylon Press

Kim Kemper

In reading the Phlon Press, I noticed that the red car pictured in "Living the Good Life" and with the caption "Vintage Ford Convertible" and below stating "Fun car at the February Phoenix AZ Solo Region Event", is not a "Ford" Convertible.  The car depicted in the picture is a Rambler. And, if my memory serves me right, the car is a Rambler Classic model Convertible.

Now, I'm sure that 98.6% of our members have never heard of or know what a Rambler car is because the Rambler line discontinued producing in the United States in the mid-70s, decades way before most of our members were born.  The Rambler line had several models like the AMX, Javelin, Rebel, Ambassador, Marlin, Nash, Matador, and Hornet. In the late 60s, Nash Motors, the company that produced the Rambler line, merged with the Hornet Company, to form the American Motors Company (AMC), which is responsible for producing the famous "Gremlin".  

My question is, was this a test or a trick to see if anyone was paying attention to the contents of this publication and if anyone noticed, is there a Grand Prize for the first person in discovering this trick? Just curious. So, what is the Grand Prize and am I the first person to discover this trick?