Solo Safety Steward (SSS) Training Opportunity May 14th - Learn a New Role!

DanG

We are hosting a Solo Safety Steward (SSS) training session May 14th.  Location is TBD in Tucson (pending how many are interested), and will be taught by Gene Sanders

Training is open to everyone and free of charge (You do not need to be an experienced driver to attend)

What is SSS:

- You are the eyes and ears for the SCCA at local events to make sure they are run safely.

Why take the training:

- SSS is a certification from the national SCCA office that will show up on your liscence

- The club needs trained individuals to be able to hold an event, if there are no SSS' for an event, it cannot be held

- It provides a new way to look at the way events are run and why courses are designed the way they are for safety

- When selected for an event this counts as your work assignment (we always have 2 SSS to both can drive like normal at the event

If you are interested in attending, or have questions please reply here, or send me a message so we can get a feel for total number of attendees. 

Edited by DanG

• DanG changed the title to Solo Safety Steward (SSS) Training Opportunity May 14th - Learn a New Role!
  • 2 weeks later...

Training will start at 9am on 5/14 (Sat) please plan to arrive a little early.  Training should last till ~2.

Location will be at Rob's house (~ Catalina Highway and Snyder).  If you need the exact address please send me a private message and i will sent it.