So how about some of you in the top 25 raw time...

SSLance

Lance, what GPS and camera are you using with Solostorm?     I have tried two different GPS, including the recommended Q-Starz and have a lot of connection issues.     Doesn't work with GoPro 3 Black either.    That said, I didnt do the update that recently came out, but if I could get good data like you are getting I will do that.

4 hours ago, jw1 said:

Lance, what GPS and camera are you using with Solostorm?     I have tried two different GPS, including the recommended Q-Starz and have a lot of connection issues.     Doesn't work with GoPro 3 Black either.    That said, I didnt do the update that recently came out, but if I could get good data like you are getting I will do that.

So I run a Hero 3 and a Samsung Tab A tablet, but separately.  I gave up trying to get Solostorm to control a GoPro a while ago.  It's just easier for me to integrate the GoPro MP4 video into Solostorm afterwards.  The latest Solostorm update makes this import function MUCH easier than before.  I think James Wolter is using Solostorm to control his Hero 8 directly though, so he may chime in.

21 hours ago, Matt U said:

Now one thing that you may have noticed is that I haven't said anything about line choice, car control, or even where someone like Sid or Lance was looking in the videos that they posted. Fun fact, I won't while on this topic. This topic is all about the idea of practice with purpose, that is where the detailed recollection comes in. SOOO, lets get into the post that Sid is quoted in as an example. His 2 items were carrying too much speed and getting on the throttle too early. Now I am not going to say he is right or wrong in his analysis, because it doesn't matter if he can't recall what he did and where it was on course. This is where practicing with purpose comes in to play. Since there is another AMP event coming up, it's time to get a game plan. At Sid's next event, he should do his course walks with the intent on finding a section or two that can facilitate that practice with purpose. 

Thank you for all of the advice Matt.  Playing things back in my head after a run is something I do regularly, especially if I know I'm off the pace and trying to figure out why.  What I am not very good at is figuring out if I'm off the pace on my own without looking at other's times. 

I can tell if I have the car up near the edge of grip or if I've missed a corner or an element pretty well...but what I missed the last two events is just how far the grip level of my tires had fallen off.  I generally have to do things a bit differently with my car than most autocrossers to set a good time and when it is suffering in one form or another, it's just not going to happen no matter what I do.  

I'll have new skins on before the next event, just ordered a fresh set of RT660s.  I'll also be giving more attention to traveling the shortest distance possible vs solely worrying about car position based on what I learned when comparing Mat's data to my own at GGs.  I knew I was taking a wide arc in spots there, but had imagined it was helping me setup for the straights better.  The data showed me that I was loosing a ton of time by doing that.  Going back and watching a bunch of videos of other fast drivers on the same course confirmed this as well.

5 hours ago, SSLance said:

So I run a Hero 3 and a Samsung Tab A tablet, but separately.  I gave up trying to get Solostorm to control a GoPro a while ago.  It's just easier for me to integrate the GoPro MP4 video into Solostorm afterwards.  The latest Solostorm update makes this import function MUCH easier than before.  I think James Wolter is using Solostorm to control his Hero 8 directly though, so he may chime in.

Yes, I do use Solostorm to start and stop recoding on hero 7, but sometimes have to manually stop it on each run. I'm using a Samsung tab E and had to drop resolution from 1080p to 720p for overlay to export successfully.