F30 328i classing

11 hours ago, BrandonF30 said:

New to autocross and unsure what class I fall into, thanks for any help in advance!!

2013 bmw 328i

-bootmod3 stage 1 tune

-bootmod3 8 speed DSG sport transmission tune

-resonator and muffler delete

-H&R super sport springs

Looks like you fall in DSP(D Street Prepared). Use what Sid posted though to double check. Street Prepared rules start on Page 98. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BrandonF30 said:

The engine tune jumped me up boost from 16-22psi. Does adding boost still keep it legal for STU?

Upping the boost doesn't matter as long it's from the result of the tune and not mechanical, i.e. no external wastegate, manual boost controller, etc. Tunes are very difficult to police so it's pretty much whatever, unless of course you are running a tune that isn't pump 91-93 ish, but e85 or similar. Then that would bump you out of Street touring entirely unless flex fuel was an OEM option out of the factory which I don't believe your BMW would fall under.

Edited by freakin_elrod
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, freakin_elrod said:

Upping the boost doesn't matter as long it's from the result of the tune and not mechanical, i.e. no external wastegate, manual boost controller, etc. Tunes are very difficult to police so it's pretty much whatever, unless of course you are running a tune that isn't pump 91-93 ish, but e85 or similar. Then that would bump you out of Street touring entirely unless flex fuel was an OEM option out of the factory which I don't believe your BMW would fall under.

Ok so I could run in the STU class. Thank you