WTB Lightweight car hauler

Wiggy Greacen

I am in search of advice from the experienced haulers. 2200 pound Miata, fairly low and fairly wide. I’m not in a hurry. I’d like to buy the right trailer the first time. 

I’ve owned a few big, heavy steel or wood decked trailers. I also towed my STi in STU trim for about a year using a wonderful Trailex aluminum trailer. I have been tempted by the single axle tilt bed, but I understand the argument against losing a trailer at highway speed.

I don’t have $7000 to spend on an aluminum tilt bed.  Help, suggestions, etc appreciated.

I bought my 14' Carson about 15 years ago. Since I was always towing a light car, did not really look at aluminum trailers. I've done maintenance on it over the years, and it has served me well. If I had to do it over, I would have paid the extra price for a Trailex. I have recently been trying to find one to replace what I use, but Trailex are hard to find used, and very costly to buy new.