AMP 12/19/2020 videos

SSLance

Had a lot of fun at the event and was a super fast fun flowing course by Nick.  Weather was perfect as well as were the brand new RT660s on my car.  

Here was my 44.127 on my third run.  Car probably had another 1-1.5 seconds in it, but the driver apparently didn't.  

Can't wait to start the new series in January...

Post up your own vids if you have one...

Caught a cone in the slalom on this run but it was my fastest scratch time and best executed run everywhere else (41.173 +1). We were also on the new RT660s and so far have been impressed. Fast, flowy, fun course - look forward to doing it again in January!

19 hours ago, Dave said:

One of my runs in the Monte Carlo =D I was about 2 seconds off Lance's time, it doen't seem natural for a car that big to move like that! I might have to look into that data logger setup though, that's pretty cool!

After hitting the very first cone on your first run, you adapted to the largeness pretty quickly.  😄  I liked seeing a smile on your face when you came in from runs, that's the best part for me. 

Solostorm is pretty cool for sure. Now I just need to get better at reviewing data between runs to see where to pick time up instead of later in the day at home on the couch.    

20 hours ago, JBucki said:

Caught a cone in the slalom on this run but it was my fastest scratch time and best executed run everywhere else (41.173 +1). We were also on the new RT660s and so far have been impressed. Fast, flowy, fun course - look forward to doing it again in January!

It is so interesting to me to watch how much steering input you have to use and how much the front tires protest...while at the same time still going so fast.  My car is so different...  If I tightened it up that much for the sweepers, it just wouldn't turn at all in the slaloms.  Nice driving though and I learned a few spots where I could have picked some time up for sure.   

18 hours ago, Banner said:

This is my first AutoX event. I attended the Test N Tune session last month to get the car sorted. However I was not able to attend the following day. This was my last and best run of the day. Any feedback or suggestions are welcome.

For just being your first timed event that was not that bad at all.  Shortening up distance traveled by being tighter on the cones is the most glaring thing I see and it really wasn't that bad.  Getting up closer to the edge of grip by carrying more speed would also help.  Not bad at all though, nice work. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SSLance said:

For just being your first timed event that was not that bad at all.  Shortening up distance traveled by being tighter on the cones is the most glaring thing I see and it really wasn't that bad.  Getting up closer to the edge of grip by carrying more speed would also help.  Not bad at all though, nice work. 

Thank you! I had a hard time getting the car to rotate, I'm needing to learn to be able to modulate the brake better when going around a turn to help with the rotation. I agree with you about carrying more speed, I was also having a hard time knowing when I was at the edge of grip, any suggestions?

Edited by Banner

I like how Jason's hands never come off the wheel - that is very good technique.   I also like how he has the camera in the car so that you can see the entire course and and steering inputs - it is how I do it as well.   If desired, add a second camera outside the car if you want to see how close to the cones you are.

I did update Solostorm and while it seemed promising in testing, it failed me at the event I recently attended in terms of triggering my GoPro Black 3.   I will say though that it stayed connected to the GPS now, whereas in the past it did not.   Hoping to get this worked out so we can share data at the events.

16 hours ago, jw1 said:

I did update Solostorm and while it seemed promising in testing, it failed me at the event I recently attended in terms of triggering my GoPro Black 3.   I will say though that it stayed connected to the GPS now, whereas in the past it did not.   Hoping to get this worked out so we can share data at the events.

If Solostorm still captured logs of your runs, you can either upload those to cloud and/or download ours to compare.   Mat, James and I have all uploaded our fastest runs to the cloud and compared them.  You can search for them pretty easily by event name and date.  If any questions just ask.