AZ Solo Autocross Spring 2021 Series Event 1 info

SSLance

Registration for the AZ Solo Autocross Spring 2021 Series Event 1 opens at 8 pm this evening.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/az-solo-autocross-spring-2021-series-event-1-arizona-motorsports-park-scca-846036

As similar to our last several events, the same covid restrictions will be in place.

• Masks will be required, except while driving.  If you don't bring a mask, you won't be able to participate.
  • Please have your mask on before getting to waivers upon entry
  • Only pre-registered drivers will be allowed on site.  This means no spectators or guests!
  • There will be no onsite registration for this event.
  • A and B groups will run in the morning, C and D will run in the afternoon.  If you are in C or D group, you can not show up on site till noon.  You will be turned away if you show up before then.  Gate open at 630 am for morning run groups.
  • We will not be providing loaner helmets, you must bring your own Snell approved helmet with a 2010 or newer rating.
  • Water will not be provided on site, so please plan accordingly to bring your own.
  • There will be no food vendors on site, so please plan accordingly
  • Special processes will be in place for waiver.  Check your Motorsportsreg event receipt for additional instructions.
  • If your car does not have a sound sticker already, you MUST register in either A or B group, there will be no sound tests in the afternoon.
  • Instructors will not be available at this event.

Hope to see everyone there!

PS: Please consider downloading, filling out and bringing your Annual Tech Form below with you to the event.  Having your annual tech card significantly speeds up the pre-race procedures for everyone and can lead to more runs for everyone...and that's what we all want right, more runs?

Jan 2021 AMP Waiver

Please download, print sign and bring to event.  

AZ Solo AMP Waiver Spring Series 1.pdf

Annual Tech Form

Please download, print, fill out and sign then bring to tech to get your annual tech card.

ANNUAL_TECH_FORM.pdf

ANNUAL_TECH_FORM.doc

SpeedWaiver link for SCCA waiver for the January event:

https://azsolo.speedwaiver.com/rxpdb

When registering for your Speedwaiver, please use the exact name registered on MotorSportsReg.com.  Kenneth on registration means Kenneth on Speedwaiver also (ie: not Ken).

Thanks,

Lance

Edited by SSLance
  • Like 2

I wanted to run my Corvette Grand Sport in the Super Street R class and I didn't see it on the pull down list of classes so I picked Super Street Modified which I didn't want to run in that class. Is SSR is super secret class or it just was inadvertently overlooked? Any chance that SSR can be added or was that class already listed and I just couldn't see it.

1 hour ago, Nokones said:

I wanted to run my Corvette Grand Sport in the Super Street R class and I didn't see it on the pull down list of classes so I picked Super Street Modified which I didn't want to run in that class. Is SSR is super secret class or it just was inadvertently overlooked? Any chance that SSR can be added or was that class already listed and I just couldn't see it.

I don't see SSR listed Kenny, I'll check tomorrow to see if I can get it available as an option.  

Also, I am wondering if I need to have my Grand Sport sound checked. I've been running my car in the PCA events and my car was checked for sound in 2019 but, I do not have the AMP sound sticker on my door. Should I plan to have my car checked again?

If you don't have the sticker yet, you really should run our sound test.  You should have been given a sound sticker when you cleared sound at the PCA event, but if you can register in the morning run groups and be there for the sound test, that would probably be the best.

7 hours ago, SSLance said:

Should be there to choose now Kenny. 

Regarding sound, did you have it checked at the PCA event or just provisional given?  If you think it'll be close we should probably plan on checked again.  

It was checked at the PCA event and I have run the car at numerous PCA events and if it was ever a problem I would have had a chat by the sound God by now and prohibited to run again. The car is stock and not a Mustang so I am very comfortable about passing sound.

Thanks for fixing the SSR class on the pull down.

5 minutes ago, Nokones said:

It was checked at the PCA event and I have run the car at numerous PCA events and if it was ever a problem I would have had a chat by the sound God by now and prohibited to run again. The car is stock and not a Mustang so I am very comfortable about passing sound.

Thanks for fixing the SSR class on the pull down.

Its not fixed. 

8 hours ago, SSLance said:

I was able to change it, it was weird though...SSR didn't show up then after scrolling down and scrolling back up it magically appeared.

I still can't see it listed. I even scrolled up and down waiting for it to pop up. I'll just stay in SSM and get beat by a Miata, if one signs up for the class.

On 1/7/2021 at 5:19 PM, Nokones said:

I still can't see it listed. I even scrolled up and down waiting for it to pop up. I'll just stay in SSM and get beat by a Miata, if one signs up for the class.

It's at the very bottom of the list of options. If you're still having trouble with it, find me at the timing tent next weekend and I'll get it sorted out for you.

50 minutes ago, JBucki said:

It's at the very bottom of the list of options. If you're still having trouble with it, find me at the timing tent next weekend and I'll get it sorted out for you.

Thanks. Its fixed now. Lance was able to get the class listed in the pull down and I am now in the SSR class.

Hi All,

It's been 15 years since I've done Autocross but I'm thinking about coming out in the near future.  I had a question about the facilities at AMP.  The main one being does the site have full restroom facilities (i.e. a place to wash hands and something other than a port-a-potty)?

Also if I'm a full novice I was hoping to come and watch a race first to see how it works before entering but the COVID restrictions forbit it.  Is it ok for complete novices to enter?  I can't remember anything about how it works from the past.

Thank you,

MF

Just an update on registrations for the Jan 17 event. 

Currently there is one open spot left in Group A and one open spot left in Group C, Groups B and D are sold out.  There are 4 people on the waitlist for Group B.

Please remember to print out, sign and bring with you the AMP waiver sheet and the Annual tech sheet if you are an SCCA member.  Annual tech saves all of us time and makes the mornings go much smoother, please consider it. 

Also, please remember to use the exact same name on your Speedwaiver entry that you used for Motorsportsreg.com.   

Thanks,

Lance

Hello! A friend and I want to come for the spring event, itll be his first time ever, and my first time in a long time. We both need to be sound checked but A & B are full, is it possible to come early and clear tech and sound and leave and come back for C & D? Or is it possible to go to AMP on saturday and get sound checked?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Angelo24 said:

Hello! A friend and I want to come for the spring event, itll be his first time ever, and my first time in a long time. We both need to be sound checked but A & B are full, is it possible to come early and clear tech and sound and leave and come back for C & D? Or is it possible to go to AMP on saturday and get sound checked?

Thanks!

According to the AMP calendar, it appears AMP has rented the road course on Saturday to a third party, so except for that event’s entrants there will be no sound tests conducted for the general public. As mentioned in Lance’s post above cars without sound stickers must be registered in A or B, to limit the number of folks on site at any point during the day for COVID reasons. 

2 hours ago, Angelo24 said:

I guess we'll have to take a shot at group A then. How does the wait listing work?

There is 1 spot open in A and 4 people on waitlist for B.  If/when someone currently in B cancels their registration, the earliest entry on the waitlist gets moved into B in their place.