Sunday November 20 Solo Date Conflict

smeyers

Well, this month Phoenix and Tucson are on the same weekend, but at least one is on Saturday and one is one Sunday. A little tough, but do-able.

But next month, November 20, both are on the same day.:classic_blink:  I get that calendars are not always easy to maneuver to miss each other, but I also noticed that the AMP Calendar is open on the following Sunday, November 27th. So wouldn't it be a nice gesture to help Tucson get established at their new site to perhaps move our Phoenix Event to that non-conflicting date?

Then Glenda and I (and perhaps others😉) would be able to most likely attend both of them. Win, win.

Please?  Thank you for your consideration.

Edited by smeyers

That is the same weekend as the Good Guys season finale.

Will both events be points events?

Personally, I think the Region should consider holding events both days of the same weekend. That would provide more events throughout the season with minimum effort if you run the course in reverse direction the next day. All you have to do is massage the start finish accordingly. This concept has been adopted by other regions and its been very successful. Maybe AMP would agree to a weekend special package pricing for renting the site.

Edited by Nokones

Kim, is it being planned as an actual *two day event*, or as done before, one day as a test n tune/practice day and the the second day the actual event?

Also, the AMP calendar is clear both weekend dates the following week….😉😍

Edited by smeyers

53 minutes ago, smeyers said:

Kim, is it being planned as an actual *two day event*, or as done before, one day as a test n tune/practice day and the the second day the actual event?

Also, the AMP calendar is clear both weekend dates the following week….😉😍

the current thinking is Sunday will be the regular points event and the weekend will be an event with both days counting toward determining winners for that event, more details to follow

I know that most of your members could give a darn about the other valley activities that weekend... but I'm bummed to hear talk of a multi-day SCCA event on the same weekend as the Good Guys autocross. Was already planning on the Fri-Sat Good Guys runs followed by the AZ Solo Sunday run. 😖

1 hour ago, Kim said:

the current thinking is Sunday will be the regular points event and the weekend will be an event with both days counting toward determining winners for that event, more details to follow

"Two Days of Awesome" - PASR style. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 8:13 PM, freakin_elrod said:

Like a mini tour? That would be pretty awesome 

Agreed, but there would be some logistics around that we normally dont deal with like assigning Classes to run in the same group that will need to be figured out.

1 hour ago, jw1 said:

Agreed, but there would be some logistics around that we normally dont deal with like assigning Classes to run in the same group that will need to be figured out.

I'm guessing for this "special event" weekend classing could be situated in the same manner as they are, Open, SPM, and Novice, then broken up within the four run groups, similar to years past when we didn't have run group preference i.e. Group A - SPM, CAM-C, STX, DS, SS, group B - STU, FS, AS, Novice etc..... Of course this would take a little bit more planning before hand, but it wouldn't be difficult, and it would also give local folks a baby taste of what the traveling folks experience outside of AZ.

Just do what Tucson did/does. Those running both days are assigned the same Groups and even perhaps numbers for both days. Simplifies logistics. Then those running just day one or day two are assigned per their requests and available room in each Group to balance numbers.

I do not recall Tucson making same classes run together. I seem to recall that the scoring was done as usual, day by day, and then the two day results paired essentially just for fun.

Lets keep that “just for fun” aspect first and foremost as this gets planned. To do otherwise would introduce more work and unnecessary planning to an otherwise fun two day event.

My two cents……😎