2023 PAX/RTP Index

ribs

• 1 month later...

Rick stopped publishing a BP index? That's either an editing mistake, or he's being held hostage and signaling for help.

Anyway, check the December Fastrack for the SP naming changes (they threw me for a loop, which it shouldn't, I probably should be reading those more often...). I just dug it up in order to update our website.

• 3 weeks later...

For many, many years I'd developed/evolved a Track "Notepad" where I keep all of the essential details about my current car(s) at each event. All the usual stuff like tire pressures, shock settings (if applicable), alignment settings, equipment details, number of runs on tires.........all of the usual stuff. Each run was logged too, with notes.

It's about 6" x 11", (cut-up clipboard) with changeable event sheets, and space for my trusty calculator at one end. I have these going back about ten-fifteen years. Maybe more.

But I also maintained a section for the latest PAX Factors where I could track my PAX Times in comparison to not just the top local drivers, but also my "Benchmark" drivers. The ones that I gauge my comparable gains or losses against by percentages. For many years I was known to locals as "Paxman". If someone wanted to know how they were doing on a given day, they'd ask me.  Still have that license plate.........😎

These days I'm mostly tracking percentages of my raw times against my personal Benchmark drivers.

• Like 2

On 12/29/2022 at 8:21 PM, Manfred said:

Rick stopped publishing a BP index? That's either an editing mistake, or he's being held hostage and signaling for help.

Anyway, check the December Fastrack for the SP naming changes (they threw me for a loop, which it shouldn't, I probably should be reading those more often...). I just dug it up in order to update our website.

Rick Ruth doesn't publish any PAX anymore. SCCA National Office took over PAX. I was informed of that about a week ago on another forum where I mentioned how years ago, I contacted Rick because I wanted to understand why B-Mod had taken a large increase in Pro Solo PAX factor. He told me "I don't have a lot of data on B-Mod, I just figured I'd increase it because they seem to have big rear tires".🤑

2 hours ago, Chuck said:

Rick Ruth doesn't publish any PAX anymore. SCCA National Office took over PAX. I was informed of that about a week ago on another forum where I mentioned how years ago, I contacted Rick because I wanted to understand why B-Mod had taken a large increase in Pro Solo PAX factor. He told me "I don't have a lot of data on B-Mod, I just figured I'd increase it because they seem to have big rear tires".🤑

I must've missed that detail. The official PAX/RTP site still lists him as the administrator. /shrug

It is probably a good thing if there's isn't a single point of failure for calculating next year's index though.

On 1/18/2023 at 6:54 PM, smeyers said:

But I also maintained a section for the latest PAX Factors where I could track my PAX Times in comparison to not just the top local drivers, but also my "Benchmark" drivers. The ones that I gauge my comparable gains or losses against by percentages. For many years I was known to locals as "Paxman". If someone wanted to know how they were doing on a given day, they'd ask me.  Still have that license plate.........😎

These days I'm mostly tracking percentages of my raw times against my personal Benchmark drivers.

Scott you will always be known as "Paxman".  😄