AMP 1/17/2021 videos

SSLance

Boy you guys are quick with the editing and posting... Anyways here is my best clean run of a 44.403. After watching the video, there are definitely some place that I'm either pinching off a corner, or hesitating too much. The pinching off a corner, or 3 in my case, was the obvious time loss.

47 minutes ago, BPeters said:

While the car shows some solid potential for future pace, it appears the videos will forever disappoint, lol. Fun course, thanks to all the volunteers that helped make today happen.

My goodness that car accelerates quickly!!  Nice driving as usual.  Cirious your thoughts on the 660s?

So you saw what an experienced driver with good wheels and tires does in a Model 3 Performance.  Here's what 2nd time driver does with 20,000 mile old factory tires, LOL.  49.1 was my best.  I need more seat time and some better rubber!  Lap starts at about 4:10.

Edited by AMP3D
video link

1 hour ago, JBucki said:

Awesome seeing everyone posting their videos. Definitely picked up on some things I wish I would have done differently. 

My best run (43.891): 

Disappointed that you didn't include any data in your video....

On the other hand, excellent technique!

Great videos everybody. One of the things that I now see that I need to work on is entry speed into the corners. I was looking at the first corner (labeled #1 on the course map), I went into that turn way to slowly compared to everyone else. Looking back at it now, I thought I was carry a decent amount of speed. This is actually something that has been challenging for me. What's the best way to learn and understand your vehicles maximum grip? 

1. When we get back to having Time Onlys (extra non-counting runs for practice), enter and have one of the better drivers drive your car on a run with you in it.
  2. Enter a Test and Tune event, and buddy up with one of the local fast drivers.
  3. Finally, ask to ride with a faster driver in their car as a passenger, if there’s a time that’s OK.

All of the above will help you develop a feel for what a faster corner entry feels like. Kind of a sense of “motor memory”.......sensory in nature.

Edited by smeyers
  • Thanks 1