Update on this weekend's events

SSLance

The Steering committee is monitoring the impending weather closely and today the decision was made to cancel Monday's MLK Day road course event.  As much as we all wanted to host and drive in the event, the safety and consideration for our workers and drivers is more important.  The rain slick conditions were not the only thing considered when making this decision, course workers having to stand in (and run in) mud for a couple of hours, cars getting stuck in the mud after an off with no way to properly extract them, and the possibility of a bunch of no shows the morning of leaving not enough workers to safely conduct the event were also factors in the final decision.  An event like this involves so much more than a regular autocross and we wanted our first one to be done right.  Hopefully we can reschedule it for sometime later this year.

Sunday's normal Spring Event 1 on the skid pad will still be held even if it rains.  Close lightening or a full all day washout are the only weather related events that will cause it to be canceled.  We'll adjust a few things to prepare for rain, like using yellow crayons to mark cone placement and some sort of protection for the timing lights.  We will also most likely have registration set up inside the tents on site if they are available to ease with checking in if it's raining.  For everything else, please be prepared to do your normal raceday stuff in wet conditions.

Bring extra dry socks and shoes to change into after working, bring hats and ponchos to keep rain off of you, and a couple towels to help dry yourself and your car off if necessary are a good idea as well.  As far as when driving, just concentrate on slowing everything down, all inputs have to be much softer, throttle, brakes, and steering wheel need to be treated with care when racing in the wet.  It can be a LOT of fun to race in the rain, I've done my fair share of it in the Midwest and I kind of enjoy it to be honest.  

11750686_10204799361044880_7584832840358536150_n.jpg

There's also a pretty good chance that there won't be that much rain at all so all of this might be for not.  Either way...lets have a great day of racing on Sunday!!

Edited by SSLance

Bummer on the "Jump for Joy Day", completely understand the choice made by the Steering Committee... looks like a wise call. I was keeping an eye on the weather and was up in the air on putting my 360TW tires back on for the added rain channels so I would stay on the track (and out of the mud)! Thanks for the info and sharing the video... that awesome!