AMP 1-15-2023 Pics and video

Dov

It was for sure interesting, especially the first slippy run.  Autocrossing in the wet isn't something I'd want to do often, but it was something different to mix things up.. though run group A got to experience it the best  😄

I really liked the course and would be curious how it would be with a dry and clean skidpad!

Here's my fastest run (48.894):

• Like 5

Great job everyone getting this event in considering the wet conditions.  Special kudos to equipment setup, waiver and tech staff that did the majority of their work in a soaking rain.  You all ROCK!!  Event Chairs were great being flexible with the conditions and it looked like we were on track to be done on time even with 5 runs each during Comp Groups.  Very impressive!!

Here was my 49.355, the GoPro didn't record my 49.158 fast lap.

And just for fun, here was Juan trying to learn how to drive my car, in the wet, having never even sat in the driver's seat before.  He did fantastic!!

• Like 6

12 hours ago, SSLance said:

Great job everyone getting this event in considering the wet conditions.  Special kudos to equipment setup, waiver and tech staff that did the majority of their work in a soaking rain.  You all ROCK!!  Event Chairs were great being flexible with the conditions and it looked like we were on track to be done on time even with 5 runs each during Comp Groups.  Very impressive!!

Here was my 49.355, the GoPro didn't record my 49.158 fast lap.

And just for fun, here was Juan trying to learn how to drive my car, in the wet, having never even sat in the driver's seat before.  He did fantastic!

Barney sounds like anger on wheels... I love to hear him!  Juan's close call with the final cone was awesome!

My 47.611 run. Some obvious take-aways are my timing on slaloms is crap, late on the cones, next is the added distance right before the 120degree turn back to the NW, as well as excessive braking.  Peak cornering G-force was 1.41, and peak speed was 65.7MPH. 

Thanks to registration, timing & scoring, and the set-up crew who put in work in the rain to ensure the event went smoothly. 

• Like 3

Here is my best clean run at 49.131, running in group D definitely helped. We had a mostly dry track but the pavement was still cold. I did manage a faster 48.657 on my 4th run but hit the last cone on the right before the finish. The course layout flowed great yet still tempted you to carry too much speed. 

https://youtu.be/fMwUHMHs1fY

• Like 3

I didn't really unlock the full potential of my car on a course that had me caught between gears in a couple of key places. Rode the limiter in second into the showcase corner and then grabbed third on the exit for the rest of the course. That left me waiting for boost exiting the SE corner hairpin, but I tried second there once, and the location of the next feature really didn't allow it to help me because of how soon I was having to grab third again before transitioning. Still a fun day of having to work things out with the reduced grip and technical course. 

I ran 48.5 as my best in both Comp and TO.

• Like 4

John Hogan was the MVP of the day taking top PAX during the crappiest of the crappy..... We were all chasing him, but came up short. Modulation of the go pedal on a tail happy FWD car is still pretty tricky as this was the first time I've driven the ST in full STH trim in the wet....and yes I was pumped at the end of the run lol

• Like 4

Fun course yesterday, enjoyed 

9 hours ago, freakin_elrod said:

John Hogan was the MVP of the day taking top PAX during the crappiest of the crappy..... 

Agreed, John was flying in the wet! 

Fun course yesterday, flowed well and was pretty challenging to string everything together in a single run. Would have loved a few more cracks at it since there were a couple sections I never got quite right.

My quickest comp run - 44.738s: 

• Like 2