Feb 11 pics & videos thread

SSLance

Man that was a great driver's course wasn't it?  One had to get everything just right to be fast yet it never felt really punitive either, great job Bill!!

I'm going to post 2 videos, this first one was my 4th run and I hit a cone early in the slalom so I turned on "send it" mode just to see how my car would react. It was my fastest raw of the day at 43.173.

https://youtu.be/5QvHlyJkfYY

I liked how the car stayed under me but I knew I had to clean it up on my 5th.  The 5th run I went left entering the slalom just to slow me down and it really helped me get my rhythm in the slalom.  I still screwed a couple other places up though that cost me time, one of these days I'll put a whole good run together and get back up there with the fast drivers.

43.301 clean

Overall super fun day.  

Go Chiefs today!!!

Edited by SSLance
  • Like 4

Your right about it being a drivers course.  You really had to get up on the wheel to get the most out of your car.  Thanks again Sid for driving my car.  For you being in a stock car for the first time in forever you did amazing.  This is my run and Sid’s run in the GTI.  I felt good about about my day until Peters got into John Hogans GTI in TO’s and destroyed both our times 😂

My run 42.801 Good for 13 in Pax for the day.

• Like 3

Very good course this time. Lot more fun than previous ones that had awkward slaloms lacking a satisfying feeling of getting your rhythm right.

Broke the entire left side of my diffuser on 4th timed run and missed 5th. Got all broken pieces out by TOs (had to pull the LHS wheel off), but car had more oversteer and just a little less grip overall w/out the underbody working as it should, so car was about 0.55 s slower. Had to back off quite a bit to make the finish gate. Possibly some of that was just me not being gutsy enough to trust that I could make it.

That was really fast and fun!

In November I got new tires that were 1 size larger (wider and taller), hoping that would help keep me from shifting into 3rd... since the courses had been really fast.  All the courses since then had slowed down and were more technical, so I finally got a chance to see if they would help.  Looking at my videos, I could have kept it in 2nd... though I did keep shifting to 3rd.

My main struggle is trying to stay/get on the throttle.  I would carry a lot of speed into the corners and the front would just understeer, unless I gave it gas... which then worked great!  It just seems counter-intuitive to accelerate in a corner that I already don't have traction to make the turn, so it's been a mental struggle.  I would be a horrible F1 driver  😄

Here's my fastest clean run (42.257)

• Like 3

First time was a blast and also frustrating.   Need to learn when to push and when not to.  Also need to do better learning the course.  Walked it 3 times (with a map). Your perspective in car at speed is alot different.  I did learn engine braking is not your friend!   (apparently I also need to learn how to post a video.  File too big)

7C089A24-CCA4-4268-AE84-28A2E5F33893.jpeg

Edited by Ron Brown
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Ron Brown said:

First time was a blast and also frustrating.   Need to learn when to push and when not to.  Also need to do better learning the course.  Walked it 3 times (with a map). Your perspective in car at speed is alot different.  I did learn engine braking is not your friend!   (apparently I also need to learn how to post a video.  File too big)

Glad you had fun Ron!  What most of us do with videos is upload them to YouTube then post the YouTube link here.

• Like 1

Hey Ron, there is a lot of talent in the CAM class and I know most of you run together to add more fun. Feel free to catch someone that might be able to ride along and give some pointers. 

If you're at the next event. I'll come by and see if I can hop in and give some pointers.

1 hour ago, Ron Brown said:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, civil said:

Hey Ron, there is a lot of talent in the CAM class and I know most of you run together to add more fun. Feel free to catch someone that might be able to ride along and give some pointers. 

If you're at the next event. I'll come by and see if I can hop in and give some pointers.

Kei “Key” Josephson is Chief of Novices. If you have a question or need help or ride-a-long for example, find a PASR member wearing one of the blue shirts with the yellow logo. Hopefully we will see you out in March.