Questions on Feb 27 & 28 Tucson Dates

smeyers

Hey, I see that there are two dates on the same weekend coming up next month.

I’d appreciate some details about what those will be, so I can plan ahead (like for a possible hotel room). Are they two separate actual events, two connected events, or one special day of some sort and one event?

Please share what the plan is. Thanks.

Edited by smeyers

• smeyers changed the title to Questions on Feb 27 & 28 Tucson Dates

It will be two separate events. Each one will be subject to the same 50 person limit and no novices allowed again due to COVID. The board of directors is monitoring the COVID status in Pima county and will make a final decision on proceeding with the weekend before registration opens. As of now (Feb 4) the events are on as scheduled. 🙂 We will be enforcing COVID safety measures as at previous events. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 11:28 AM, 1erGirl said:

Will there be no walk through at the course before runs? I would love to come to the event but have never driven at Mussellman before. Really want to get my 1er out there, completed a couple of events back on the east coast a few years back. 

There will be course walks. We generally close the course for walking shortly after the novice walk starts, see the schedule on the right hand side of the page here: https://www.azbrscca.org/autocross/calendar.html

18 hours ago, cheesefries333 said:

is this event still happening? 🤞

As far as I know, yes.

13 hours ago, Purposebuilt1 said:

Call musselman Honda circuit. Charlie will let you know. 

Looks like no novices allowed. Wish I would have known I can’t compete. Would have waited to get an scca membership 😅

12A86883-6DBA-405C-8E1D-B8F78E324D2A.png

I feel you! I don't see why they would limit it with how limited the season is already.....I specifically waited to get my scca membership again because of this. Was really excited to go but I don't want to break any rules...

Since this is a Sat/Sun event combo, some people may wish to stay the night between. There is a relatively new hotel on Rita Rd and I10 that is verrrrrrry close to the track. Also, if you’re coming in an RV, there is NO onsite camping. But there is a nice full hook up park attached to the Pima County Fair Grounds literally right around the corner. We’re checking on the ability to store trailers and cars overnight. Will post that answer soon!!

A couple reminders:

1. These are two separate events in our registration system. If you wish to attend both, you must register for each one separately.
    Saturday
    Sunday

2. Registration closes tomorrow at 7pm, which is one day earlier than normal, so that I have time on Friday to process the entries and set the run groups.
Edited by Manfred