CROWS LANDING NAT TOUR FIRST DAY CAM-S RESULTS

Nokones

This kid is in High School today and is 18 years old.  He is co-driving a CAM-S C5 Corvette, not quite like the one depicted in the picture below, and he is only .182 second out of first place hanging onto second place in front of David Rock by .183 second, 1.064 seconds in front of Jeff Woodbury, and 2.608 seconds in front of Kerry Gonzalez. Today (Sunday) will put some pressure on him and hopefully he won't choke and let the big guys and girl get the best of him. 

Although, he is competing in CAM-S and not in CAM-C, I just want to note that he even has .239 second on Dave Schotz.  I teased Dave last year when Micky competed in a CAM-C car at a National event, don't remember if it was a Tour Event or Nationals, and if it wasn't for a cone he would have been nipping at Dave's heels.

The point of this is, I just wanted mention he is going to be a National Championship Winner in CAM, either in C or S in the future.  Although, he's not only following me in my footsteps to National Championship status, he is also following his Father's and Mother's footsteps to National Championship status.

His Grandfather used to be fast at one time. 

You'll never guess who got him that "Lil Red Corvette" for Christmas that year.

IMG_2049.thumb.JPG.557ebb4daa82290f3e1eaf03a0f79fb6.JPG

Micky did well. Unfortunately, he rubbed a cone on his last run on Sunday to set the fast time for the class if it was cleaned and with that cone he ended up placing third behind David Rock. If it wasn't for the cone he would have placed second and only .103 second out of first place over all for the weekend.

I have a feeling that Micky would rather drive a CAM-S Corvette than a CAM-C Mustang. Also, he's been driving Bruce Cambern's CAM-S Cobra at American Autocross Series (AAS) events and has been doing well. Bruce is up there in age and I don't know what Bruce's future is. Micky graduates from High School in about a month or so and he will be off to a College somewhere and that may affect his autocrossing.

I thought about handing down my CAM-S C4 Corvette but, trailering the car to events and garaging it will be a problem for him at this point. His dad's shop doesn't have to space to store the car.