AZ Solo Autocross Spring 2021 Series Event 3 info

SSLance

Registration for the AZ Solo Autocross Spring 2021 Series Event 3 March 13-14, 2021 opens at 8 pm this Friday evening. 

This will be a bit different than our normal events in that it is a 2 day event.  You can register for one day or both, it's not required to do both.

The first day, March 13th, will be a test and tune event.  We're capping this at 60 entries total, 2 run groups of 30 cars.  You'll get a chance to drive in the morning and in the afternoon.  The cost will be $55, which includes lunch.  Lunch is a hot dog, chips, and a drink.  Expect lots of run! 

The second day, March 14th, will be the 3rd event of our Spring series.

For registration, there is only a single event in Motorsportsreg for both days, and there will be options for each day.  Select the days you'd like to attend, and that's all there is to it!  If you need a weekend membership, you'll only have to pay for that once for the entire weekend.  Please bring a signed copy of the AMP waiver linked below for each day.

http://msreg.com/AZSpring3

As similar to our last several events, the same covid restrictions will be in place.

• Masks will be required, except while driving.  If you don't bring a mask, you won't be able to participate.
  • Only pre-registered drivers will be allowed on site.  This means no spectators or guests!
  • There will be no onsite registration for this event.
  • A and B groups will run in the morning, C and D will run in the afternoon.  If you are in C or D group, you can not show up on site till noon.  You will be turned away if you show up before then.  Gate open at 630 am for morning run groups.
  • We will not be providing loaner helmets, you must bring your own Snell approved helmet with a 2005 or newer rating.
  • Water will not be provided on site, so please plan accordingly to bring your own.
  • There will be no food vendors on site, so please plan accordingly
  • Special processes will be in place for waiver.  Check your Motorsportsreg event receipt for additional instructions.
  • If your car does not have a sound sticker already, you MUST register in either A or B group, there will be no sound tests in the afternoon.
  • Instructors will not be available at this event.

Hope to see everyone there!

March 2021 AMP Waiver

Please download, print sign and bring to event.  You will need a copy for each day to present at gate.  

AZ Solo AMP Waiver Spring Series 3.pdf

Annual Tech Form

Please download, print, fill out and sign then bring to tech to get your annual tech card.

ANNUAL_TECH_FORM.pdf

ANNUAL_TECH_FORM.doc

SpeedWaiver link for SCCA waiver for the March event:

https://azsolo.speedwaiver.com/bqtyw

When registering for your Speedwaiver, please use the exact name registered on MotorSportsReg.com.  Kenneth on registration means Kenneth on Speedwaiver also (ie: not Ken).

PS: Please consider downloading, filling out and bringing your Annual Tech Form below with you to the event if you are a SCCA member.  Having your annual tech card significantly speeds up the pre-race procedures for everyone and can lead to more runs for everyone...and that's what we all want right, more runs?

Annual Tech Form

Please download, print, fill out and sign then bring to tech to get your annual tech card.

ANNUAL_TECH_FORM.pdf

ANNUAL_TECH_FORM.doc

Additional event info found here on calendar

• Like 2

I see 6 people on the waitlist right now, all have test and tune and competition groups listed.  There are still competition group spots available for Sunday in all groups.  To be sure you get in before those spots fill up, I'll change your registration to Competition Group Sunday only and confirmed those, Saturday's Test and Tune entries will be waitlisted though...  

Edited by SSLance

Since I'm new here to the AZ region, are forum posts such as this the only way to know when registration will open for an event? The main website is very dated and the official schedule shows 2020 events still. I thought I heard someone say registration always opens the Friday a week before the event, but it appears I heard wrong...unless it changes sometimes? Just trying to get an idea on how to put registration dates into my calendar so I don't miss out on events due to the reduced capacity.

Speaking of reduced capacity, any word on when restrictions will lift? I work in the car business and one of the auctions here in town has been allowing people in person to bid for over a month now...600-800 people show up and are indoors each week (masked up of course). Also I know the Coyotes are allowing like 3500 fans to games, so seems like big events are slowly getting back to normal.

Thanks in advance, hope to see you all out there in a couple weeks.

• Like 1

Mark, or very own Scott (smeyers) does his best on this forum to keep an event calendar updated with a lot of the autocross events across Arizona. Some of the events, such as the Tucson group haven’t switched over to motorsports reg yet, but Scott does a great job tracking all the dates down. 

Everyone, the Tucson Website (HERE) has their entire yearly Calendar and other details, but it also shows when their Registration for their events opens!!! Date and time. Smart, huh?

To my knowledge, their own Reservation Site works just fine, is cost-effective, and they are not planning to change to MSR.

My little calendar mentioned is updated as soon as dates change from each Club, to the best of my knowledge. Anything ever wrong, let me know.

From Lances first posting above.....Calendar link:

Event Schedule:

6:30am - Gates open
6:45am - Registration opens
6:45am - Tech opens
7:45am - Registration and Tech closes
8:10am - Course closes for walking
8:15am - Driver's meeting
8:30am - First car out
11:30am - Morning Session ends

12:00pm - Gates open for afternoon session.  Registration and Tech open
12:40pm - Reg and Tech close
12:45pm - Drivers meeting
1:00pm - First car out for afternoon
4:00pm - End of event

All that’s available is what Lance has posted, and while the internal specifics of how groups are handled for the T&T might vary, seems that gates opening would be the same. If I’m guessing wrong, I’m sure Lance will provide other info. 

The heading for that info does state March 13-14.

As of this morning, all competition groups are full and sold out.  New entries will go on a waitlist in the order they are received.

All Test and tune groups are also sold out and there are 10 extra entries that are on the list, but will not be confirmed until enough of the first 60 entries by date registered cancel.  If you are one of those last 10 test and tune entries, you should have received an email from registration explaining that even though MSR shows you are confirmed for test and tune on Sat, you don't have a spot until registration tells you so. 

If any questions, just ask.  Sorry about the confusion but we've learned from this exercise that MSR does not have a way to separate portions of an entry that is sold out from those that are not.  We will correct this in the future.    

• Like 1

It is my understanding that there are only two run groups (A & B) for the Test and Tune on Saturday. A works for B and B works for A. Both groups will run in the morning session and again in the afternoon session.  So, that means, everybody that signed up for the Test and Tune gets to hang-out all day, if they so desire. Am I occasionally right or wrong as usual? I am ready to be corrected, if it is necessary.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nokones said:

It is my understanding that there are only two run groups (A & B) for the Test and Tune on Saturday. A works for B and B works for A. Both groups will run in the morning session and again in the afternoon session.  So, that means, everybody that signed up for the Test and Tune gets to hang-out all day, if they so desire. Am I occasionally right or wrong as usual? I am ready to be corrected, if it is necessary.

fyi, it is an all day event and everyone who signed up is required to complete all their work assignments before leaving 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 11:31 AM, race2win said:

Speaking of reduced capacity, any word on when restrictions will lift? I work in the car business and one of the auctions here in town has been allowing people in person to bid for over a month now...600-800 people show up and are indoors each week (masked up of course). Also I know the Coyotes are allowing like 3500 fans to games, so seems like big events are slowly getting back to normal.

Thanks in advance, hope to see you all out there in a couple weeks.

I'm curious when it will be lifted too.

• 2 weeks later...

Since, the Saturday Test & Tune event will be an all day event, if I am not able to be on-site in the morning, will I be able to arrive around noon and get my car teched and registered for the afternoon session? I would appreciate an official answer to my question. Thanks

Edited by Nokones