Will We Be Normal Again?

Nokones

I think Todd has a really good point with the crossover between AM/PM groups. We could setup something where registration and tech open while B group is running, so registration would close at like noon or so. Then everyone for the PM group could start a course walk almost as soon as the B group is done running, though there will need to be a little car human herding because I think there will be more cars and people in motion on site than we usually see. It might even be possible to have the PM drivers meeting before the course walk. That would probably ensure 5 runs. 

1 hour ago, Matt U said:

I think Todd has a really good point with the crossover between AM/PM groups. We could setup something where registration and tech open while B group is running, so registration would close at like noon or so. Then everyone for the PM group could start a course walk almost as soon as the B group is done running, though there will need to be a little car human herding because I think there will be more cars and people in motion on site than we usually see. It might even be possible to have the PM drivers meeting before the course walk. That would probably ensure 5 runs. 

These very issues addressing efficiency, cost, # of runs, # of entrants, and site layout all while following any site restrictions are being discussed by the SC. 

I do enjoy the AM/PM format as does my family. For the April event we were also able to accommodate 5 runs per group which is a good value of travel time - on site time   :  # of runs. 

I am looking forward to the time when one can stay onsite for the duration to watch others compete and to do a bit more socializing and bring friends / family out to watch. 

I’d also like to gauge interest in having an entire weekend dedicated to AutoX. Other regions have a practice Saturday and Competition on Sunday. I suspect the cost will be a bit higher on Sat. than Sunday due to lower # of participants, however, we’ll never know without an inquiry.