Jump to content

Course Maps Fall Event 3 and Test/Tune


Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Andy said:

So I'm guessing you are able to slalom either side of the cones through the center section? 

Yup, looks that way.  Great...more choices to have to make on course...   :D  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SSLance said:

Yup, looks that way.  Great...more choices to have to make on course...   :D  

lol. I like it. If I miss the first cone out of the turn I can keep going. hahaha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Andy said:

So I'm guessing you are able to slalom either side of the cones through the center section? 

That's right Andy. I have no clue what way will be faster but I figured it would be fun trying to figure it out!

Edited by Nick Sloan
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Although the maps are very close to scale, the actual set-up crew always makes final “tweeks”  to account for visibility concerns, safety concerns, etc. so, suggest you make up your mind when you walk the course......😉👍😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, smeyers said:

Although the maps are very close to scale, the actual set-up crew always makes final “tweeks”  to account for visibility concerns, safety concerns, etc. so, suggest you make up your mind when you walk the course......😉👍😎

OR after you try one way and it feels awkward...and you think the other way will be faster.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, aweZome28 said:

Noticed the worker stations are numbered 1,6,5,4,3,2. We'll be starting on the East (by the restrooms) and finishing on the West correct? 

  On Sunday yes, opposite side on Saturday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not true. The course is setup following the course design as best as possible within the given boundaries. It is then adjusted to appease safety above all else before preferred line, which is often why setup takes longer as safety stewards find things here and there that aren't always apparent on the gridded course map.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...