AMP 3/14/2021 videos

SSLance

Well that was a day...  Interesting course, fast and fun but very difficult sight lines in some spots.  Here is my 46.223 run.

After looking at Mike's Mat's and my Solostorm logs we've discovered I'm bad fast turning left and they are both bad fast turning right...  We all probably had 44s available if we would have just driven correctly...  Oh well, we'll get better next time.  Congrats to Mike on the CAM T win.  Nice driving... 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, jw1 said:

43.5 with some coneage after the finish due to poor set up coming off the final left hander.

I've given up on Solostorm and am using TrackAddict with a Qstarz818 for data.

Screenshot_20210315-000345_TrackAddict (1).jpg

TrackAddict also records Turns & G’s, I’d be interested in seeing where the highest rate was achieved. 

5 hours ago, jw1 said:

43.5 with some coneage after the finish due to poor set up coming off the final left hander.

I've given up on Solostorm and am using TrackAddict with a Qstarz818 for data.

Nice run, bummer about the cones at the finish.  Interesting that you went left first on optional slalom.  Did you try both ways?  

I lost a half second on entry to showcase sweeper when I went left first and didn't gain anything on entry, but I was also struggling to turn right all day so was tip toeing on entry to optional slalom instead of picking up time there.

I struggled with fuel starvation on four of my runs. That 200+ degree showcase turn caught up to me when we juked back to right. After my 3rd run I put 2 gallons in and it still did it. I put 6 gallons in after the 4th run and that solved it. I have no idea how much fuel I should run in my s2k but 1/4 tank is too low it appears. 

Here are my pics:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArizonaTrackdayAutox/permalink/2537612269879955/

1 hour ago, loudes13 said:

I struggled with fuel starvation on four of my runs. That 200+ degree showcase turn caught up to me when we juked back to right. After my 3rd run I put 2 gallons in and it still did it. I put 6 gallons in after the 4th run and that solved it. I have no idea how much fuel I should run in my s2k but 1/4 tank is too low it appears. 

Here are my pics:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArizonaTrackdayAutox/permalink/2537612269879955/

I fill up the wagon on the way to the track every time just to prevent this. It wasn't meant to feed the big motor though so anything under half take it will starve under hard turns. lol I also like the extra weight in the back. 

Very fun courses both days but I found Sunday's to be more difficult to execute. My best run of the day which was wiped due to the finish getting tripped by worker - SoloStorm says it was ~0.1 seconds quicker than my official best (43.074) so I'll call it a 42.9xx:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, loudes13 said:

Here are my pics:

I didn't have fuel starvation, but I started the day with a full tank when I left my house 45 miles away.    I normally target a half tank or more at the start of the event.

However, today was the first time I experienced oil getting sucked back into the intake as I would say the amount time on long sweepers was the most I've experienced.   I'll be adding a catch can soon.

8 hours ago, SSLance said:

Nice run, bummer about the cones at the finish.  Interesting that you went left first on optional slalom.  Did you try both ways?  

I lost a half second on entry to showcase sweeper when I went left first and didn't gain anything on entry, but I was also struggling to turn right all day so was tip toeing on entry to optional slalom instead of picking up time there.

I went left each time, didn't try going to the right and really focused on trying to get to that first slalom cone as fast as I could.   Even though the exit was more pinched, it didn't feel that tight in my car.

3 hours ago, JBucki said:

Very fun courses both days but I found Sunday's to be more difficult to execute. My best run of the day which was wiped due to the finish getting tripped by worker - SoloStorm says it was ~0.1 seconds quicker than my official best (43.074) so I'll call it a 42.9xx:

Man, I'd love to see the data on that run...can you upload to solostorm cloud?  Looked like your car did a lot of the same things my car did, but just faster...  lol...  

1 hour ago, SSLance said:

Man, I'd love to see the data on that run...can you upload to solostorm cloud?  Looked like your car did a lot of the same things my car did, but just faster...  lol...  

Sure I’ll upload it now

16 hours ago, JBucki said:

Sure I’ll upload it now

Thanks Jason, that helps a bunch,  You were over a second faster than me in both of the right hand sweepers (almost 2 seconds on the first one and 50' shorter).  I was .784 seconds faster than you through the left hand sweeper and 0.264 seconds faster than you through the slalom before the left hand sweeper also which really pleases me.  

On a course like that I HAVE to find a way to get my car to turn right better.  A passenger would have really helped me I'm certain.  Thanks again for uploading, I know Mike and Mat appreciate it as well.