Waiver Info for Sept 20th

Dave

Our waiver process for the Sept 20th event is going to be a little different.  We are using Speedwaiver in place of the SCCA waiver.  This is free to entrants and very easy to do.  You can get started by going to the Speedwaiver site and punch in your phone number.  Follow the link on your phone and it'll ask to take your picture and do a signature.  And that's it!  After you sign the waiver, you'll be provided a link that you can click on to bring up your signed waiver, which you'll show to the waiver people on site to show that you've signed the waiver.

The AMP waiver is a little bit more involved.  What you'll need to do is print out a copy of the attached waiver form, sign it, and hand it to the waiver people on site.  

Please note that you need to complete both waivers, one is for the SCCA and one is for AMP.

SpeedWaiver link: https://azsolo.speedwaiver.com/ayfbf

If you have any questions, please let us know.

AMP Waiver 9-20.pdf

Lance, I have had the SCCA annual waiver hard card since they first issued them.  My experience is that you still sign all the waivers, as it seems it is not recognized by regions.  I have worked as a licensed starter and corner worker at Trans Am, regional races, and other pro events and was required to sign all waivers.

So then..........why is there an Annual SCCA Waiver? I just have to ask........😂 What would be the point? Do know that AMP has a separate waiver.

**I just called SCCA Member Services.......the Annual SCCA Waiver is valid at ALL SCCA Racing and Solo Events, including Trans Am. Sites (such as AMP) may of course have their own requirements, but SCCA is satisfied with theirs.

Doesn't it seem that this purpose is exactly what this Annual Waiver is for? To do away with the need for a physical piece of paper? And now, that waiver service? Of course, *we* could choose to not use it.😶  Seems that it helps us.

Edited by smeyers

58 minutes ago, Lisa said:

The AMP Waiver 9-20.pdf (above) shows unavailable and I'm not able to access it.  Anyone else have trouble accessing it in order to print it?

you need to be signed in to the solo site to download the AMP waiver. If you are not signed in or have timed out you are then treated as a guest and as a guest you cannot download the PDF

• Like 1

Dave/Kim

I can drop this on the SSCC (SierraSportsCarClub) web site if that would help.  I have no problem accessing the AMP Waiver 9-20.pdf on my windows system or my apple phone. (my system did whine that it is not a https connection tho.  impact possible?)

It will be no login required tho.

Let me know

Randy

Edited by ribs

In regards to the annual waiver, it appears a lot of people are not in the know because they are not getting the memoranda so, they only know what they are being told that "everyone has to sign the waiver". In my opinion, going through the motions of getting your signature notarized and providing a passport sized photo is a waste of time since no one knows anything about annual waivers.

2 hours ago, Dadio said:

I, I am recent to area but have autocrossed back east a long time ago. Can I run tomorrow? Is there some place I can see the specifics for the day and schedule? Reg/tech/ walkthrough/first car off etc?

Sorry but reg is closed and this event has no on site registration and no guests are permitted due to AZ limits of 50 on site 

1 hour ago, Kim Kemper said:

Sorry but reg is closed and this event has no on site registration and no guests are permitted due to AZ limits of 50 on site 

Darn, was gonna join you guys the other day and register but decided to wait to meet you all this weekend, see how you run and if I was a fit. Didnt even think of covid (where have I been - right?) Anyway, I think Border and PCA have runs next weekend - will try to register for one of them. A lot of my kids (im 68 and they are in their 40s) friends run HPDE and they are after me to do that.  I took the Ron Fellows driving school and I have to admit it was fun - but kinda scary if I am using my own car.  Anyway, thanks for the response. Looks like your next even is Oct 17?

4 minutes ago, Dadio said:

Darn, was gonna join you guys the other day and register but decided to wait to meet you all this weekend, see how you run and if I was a fit. Didnt even think of covid (where have I been - right?) Anyway, I think Border and PCA have runs next weekend - will try to register for one of them. A lot of my kids (im 68 and they are in their 40s) friends run HPDE and they are after me to do that.  I took the Ron Fellows driving school and I have to admit it was fun - but kinda scary if I am using my own car.  Anyway, thanks for the response. Looks like your next even is Oct 17?

yes next AZ Solo event is Oct 17. PCA autox for next weekend is sold out but AZ Border just opened their registration.