STR changes (Street Touring generally, I guess)

There used to be an STF Class, for small NA sedans with smaller engines, (Mini, Mazda3, Focus, etc.), but that got absorbed into STS. I'm wondering who thought THAT was a great idea. Probably a Miata driver.:classic_blink:

Anyway, I'd like to see something like that return and find a home in the "new" ST classing. Like STH but no turbo.

Please? Anyone know anything?

True enough, I guess, but there are still a fair number of NBs/NCs at any given auto-x, and in STR they're just not competitive.

There'd probably be even more, but a lot of people just went ND and sold off the early cars. 

Very few?  

Honda Civic, Nissan Sentra, Altima, Mazda3, Toyota Corolla, Mini, Kia Forte, Hyundai Elantra, Veloster, VW Jetta, Subaru Impreza……..

Yeah, right, no sporty FWD non-turbos here. Just keep moving, nothing to see.😂

Affordable for many, relatively inexpensive to fix up. My two cents.😎

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, smeyers said:

Very few?  

Honda Civic, Nissan Sentra, Altima, Mazda3, Toyota Corolla, Mini, Kia Forte, Hyundai Elantra, Veloster, VW Jetta, Subaru Impreza……..

Yeah, right, no sporty FWD non-turbos here. Just keep moving, nothing to see.😂

Affordable for many, relatively inexpensive to fix up. My two cents.😎

Of that list, what would people actually want to autocross? Your Mazda3, Corolla, and Jetta are the only three with a manual option in base trim. The rest are CVTs. The Subaru is AWD. The Veloster is dead.

Edited by Mark111R

• 2 weeks later...

Along with the move of the S2k and ND to AST the wheel sizes will now use the STU rules, allowing those cars to run wider wheels.    I wonder if Mark already has some 17x10s on order?

On 7/16/2024 at 7:49 AM, jw1 said:

Along with the move of the S2k and ND to AST the wheel sizes will now use the STU rules, allowing those cars to run wider wheels.    I wonder if Mark already has some 17x10s on order?

Nope, it's only out for member comment and isn't final. 

Also, I don't know what I'm doing next year. If the N/A Elise also goes to AST, I'm building an AST Lotus. I would recommend anyone considering ST in the future or is in ST now writes a letter and fills out the survey if you're confident you have an informed opinion

Edited by Mark111R

It's not a full detailed list as it's just a proposal to solicit comments. You can see the details in the fastrack here 

AST is mainly a combination of some of the cars from SST plus the ND Miata and S2k from STR, with the following classes switching to the naming convention as below. 

image.png.14704774f2f49ae8539d1a6d79bacf4f.png