May 2021 event - Marana!

Manfred

Marana is back, for a limited time only!

This is, in my opinion, the best site in AZ. If you've never been, this might be your only chance. We will try to acquire additional dates, but we promise you nothing, and at some point soon the site will be closed to us for good.

Some important details:

• Registration opens May 14th at 7pm
  • Online registration only, all entrants must prepay via PayPal - there will be no onsite registration or payments
  • In order to provide a good experience for everyone, the entry cap will be 160 total entries (competition + TO)
  • Novices will be allowed
  • Spectators will be allowed, but must stay in paddock or outside the iron fence - not allowed in grid, next to the equipment truck, etc. We will expand paddock to provide more space and we ask that you continue to keep your physical distance from others not in your household
  • Masks will be required, and unless specified here the remainder of our Covid supplemental rules are in effect

Hope to see you there!

• 1 month later...

Reminder, registration opens tomorrow.

Because we are capping this event at total number of entries (competition + TO) instead of just the number of drivers, I had to adjust the waitlist logic. I've tested it and it appears to work ok, but if there's any problems or weirdness please post here.

If you get to the URL ending in "registered.html" I promise your entry is saved in the system.

1 hour ago, W T said:

Will minors be allowed to participate, or is that COVID restriction still in place? I have a 16 YO novice who is really looking forward to this.

Novices are OK for this event.

For minors to participate, there are extra waiver requirements - please contact Kerry, the waiver chief, at chiefwaiver@azbrscca.org for more info. You might need to get something notarized, but Kerry is the expert on that, not me.

The 16 year old must have a driver's license or learner's permit. If it's a learner's permit, then they must have an adult with a valid driver's license in the passenger seat for all of their runs and we would expect you to supply the adult.

We will have vaccinated instructors available but only for novices who are extremely lost and need help to know where the course goes. I want to stress that this is optional and subject to the comfort level of the novice and the instructor.

• Like 1

No. That pattern was Phoenix.

They are currently redoing their Run/Work for the return to Marana. Website will be corrected soon

**I deleted the original posting here to avoid any confusion......

Edited by smeyers

On 5/14/2021 at 4:13 PM, smeyers said:

No. That pattern was Phoenix.

From their Website Calendar page, 1/2 way down…….Group A is timed runs first, followed by TO runs, same group of cars. Group C is similar.

Run A Work C

Run C Work A

Summer Events: May - August

Site Open
6:30am 
Registration & Tech Open
7:15am 
Registration Closes
8:00am 
Tech Closes
8:15am 
Novice Walk
Mandatory Site Meeting Everyone on site for the event must attend, driving or not.
8:30am

Sorry...this is incorrect. I forgot to update the website.

The website reflects what we're currently doing at Musselman.

We are discussing doing the traditional Marana summer schedule (comp runs in A/B, TOs in C/D, A works for B, C works for D) but we are considering switching to the Marana fall/spring schedule in order to fit more entries. I will have an announcement when this is finalized.

Edited by Manfred

On 5/14/2021 at 5:03 PM, Nokones said:

Ok, just like Sierra Vista, correct?

So, again just to clarify, the website isn't up to date right now and we are not doing Sierra Vista/Musselman style run groups for this event. Final run/work coming soon.

Edited by Manfred

It got late for me tonight so the website does not reflect this yet, but here are the official policies.

Run/work:
A works for C, B works for D, vice versa (Fall/Spring Marana rules - this makes for a longer event but will allow us to have more participants)

Event schedule:
We will start at the typical time for a summer event.

Site Open
6:30am
Registration & Tech Open
7:15am
Registration Closes
8:00am
Tech Closes
Novice Walk
Mandatory Site Meeting Everyone on site for the event must attend, driving or not.
8:30am

Mask guidelines:
We are adopting the Pima County guidelines exactly with no additional changes. 
If you are two weeks or more past your final vaccine dose, you do not need a mask. For all others, a mask is recommended.
If you are feeling a little sick, even if it is "just a cold," please do not come to the event. We will get you a refund.

Onsite registration:
There isn't any still. You must preregister and prepay for the event using PayPal. We will not take money at the event.

We have expanded the entry cap. Everyone who has registered up until this point is now in the event.

There are 11 competition-only slots remaining.

There are no time-only slots remaining. Due to software limitations, I am managing this restriction manually. If you add a new registration, please leave the TO box unchecked, or I will uncheck it for you and send Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to give you a stern lecture on the importance of following instructions.

I attempted to change my entry from running my 89 Corvette in SSM to my 13 Corvette Grand Sport in SSR and I clicked on the register button and it said thank you for registering but, it took me to the PayPal checkout which I clicked out of. Can you please check my entry make sure that I didn't mess it up. I did the PayPal when I originally registered my 89 SSM Corvette. I didn't want to pay twice

If you paid once then you're fine.

The payment page you see after registering is NOT integrated with the registration site. So you'll see that page every time no matter what. We do a manual reconciliation of the payment records after registration closes.

Something I need to work on...

I hate to do this you again but, I changed back to my 89 Corvette in SSM open. Sorry for the extra work.  The critical brake part for my 89 came in today and I found a nail in one of my rear Hoosier tires on the Grand Sport.  I now have brakes on my 89, not like that I EVER brake.