Is the live timing page down?

Banner

Everybody needs to chill.........  "In the Old Days", after an event, the results person had to --  by hand -- compile the results.  When that was done, then the results had to be taken to a copy place to be printed.  When that was done, we had a "results party" of multiple volunteers to collate, address (by hand again), stamp and mail the results. We were lucky to have the results by the end of two weeks.

You all are just too spoiled.

Sharon Roberts

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Is there any way to see all our times? I went in the 48's three times but it has my best as 49.7. I don't recall hitting cones on three runs. Also My girl got 50.9 but this shows 53.1 for her.  Thanks. 

Edited by Andy

14 hours ago, stealth said:

Everybody needs to chill.........  "In the Old Days", after an event, the results person had to --  by hand -- compile the results.  When that was done, then the results had to be taken to a copy place to be printed.  When that was done, we had a "results party" of multiple volunteers to collate, address (by hand again), stamp and mail the results. We were lucky to have the results by the end of two weeks.

You all are just too spoiled.

Sharon Roberts

Sharon, in those days there were no computers, not even calculators! Results were hand-logged, and then results were typed on a typewriter 😳 onto paper, then had to be printed on a mimeograph machine. 

Everyone is in fact chilled, but are just highly interested in knowing how we did versus the rest of the participants. That’s a good thing. It is just disappointing when all of our high-tech tools let us down.😎

• Like 1

There were some timing issues since the first group went out. We tried to add a fifth run column and a group of us couldn’t figure it out, so that would affect the live timing. The timing got a little more complicated by the afternoon runs. All in, Jason should be SUPER THRILLED when he gets back and starts sorting this out. 

The score board was a nice thing to have but it was a give and take. Anyone could look at how they were doing, but it tended to be the kitchen where everyone would congregate making timing and observers frustrated. I used to write down each runs time after I parked, but the new live system made me complacent as well. 

Having a physical scoreboard located between an active grid and next to timing is a poor location from a safety perspective. Having drivers with their helmets on walking through the active path for cars to get to start is to be avoided. Jason will determine the appropriate fixes on the live scoring issues. 

1 hour ago, Kim Kemper said:

Having a physical scoreboard located between an active grid and next to timing is a poor location from a safety perspective. Having drivers with their helmets on walking through the active path for cars to get to start is to be avoided. Jason will determine the appropriate fixes on the live scoring issues. 

Agreed. Also, many instances the announcer and timing staff use the scoreboard as a reference which is usually blocked by helmets. Additionally it’s difficult to “social distance” when everyone is huddled around the board to see the scores.