Is the live timing page down?

Banner

33 minutes ago, SSLance said:

I LOVE having someone handing out post-its with run times on it after each run. 

Maybe with our increased run group size we can revisit sacrificing a course worker to be the score hander outer...  

Stepping back and reviewing the needs versus what’s in place to address those needs, allow me to suggest the following.

Live Timing is a far better solution to the need than the old Scoreboard, or even the post-its. Having that second display near the finish is excellent, as far as knowing raw times.....but it doesn’t show DNF’s or cones. Back to Live Timing.

Electronic equipment will occasionally have glitches, but in this (or most cases) the real issue is that we need to clone Jason Bucky. We need to have a backup person(s) who can do everything he does. Under our previous Club Operations there was always an assistant Chief who took over when the main guy or gal was absent.

We now have a number of people attending who are newer to our sport. Many of them are professionals with skills in many areas, I’d bet some in the field of technology. We need to be more pro-active in getting to know everyone and getting them interested in Club Operations.

We have backup timing lights. if electronic scoring goes down, we should have a backup there too. In a pinch the scoreboard would serve well. There is no reason it physically has to be right next to the Timing Table. It could be appropriately remote, and cordoned off for sanity and safety.

This is important. No one should take a next run not knowing if earlier runs were valid or not.

We can do this, we just need an action plan.😎 Over and out.

Update Steve was able to send me unaudited results and I have sent them (pdf format and a long file) to the email address of the entrants contained in MSR. Check your spam /junk folder if the email is not in your in box. Jason will be updating live timing and taking corrections once live timing is updated. 

Kim 

5 hours ago, Banner said:

Results 04-10-21.xlsx 25.09 kB · 4 downloads

Kim, thank you very much for sending that out. I have created an Excel Sheet based off of the information that you supplied via email, this makes it a bit easier on the eyes. I tried to get everything as accurate as possible. Feel free to Salt to taste. Enjoy! 

👍

This is great, thank you.

Correct to assume, Kim, that some missing times/runs will be included in the real results when Jason returns? For instance, my fifth run is not listed here, assuming others are missing as well. The system went down as we were taking our fifth runs at the event, so they should be on paper.

Edited by smeyers

44 minutes ago, smeyers said:

This is great, thank you.

Correct to assume, Kim, that some missing times/runs will be included in the real results when Jason returns? For instance, my fifth run is not listed here, assuming others are missing as well. The system went down as we were taking our fifth runs at the event, so they should be on paper.

Scott

correct

again these are un audited results, no comparison has been done against paper results, as I don’t have access to those. Just trying to get some information to competitors. 

Kim