GT86 driver looking for tips

Jagorific

Hey All,

So I've got a 19 TRD 86 I've been driving for a few years now. I feel like i have reached the extents of my "natural" ability and am looking for some mentors who know these cars or really any medium HP F/R chassis as a whole. Anyone want to take a ride with me on the 13th and see if you have some pointers for me? I am racing B and E it looks like.

Car info: Supercharged and conservatively dyno tuned at 234 wheel. Sway bars, BC DS series Coilovers, Strut tower braces. Tires are 255 Falken 660s. Previoulsy I was on an agressive alignment. But I have put it back near stock with a little extra camber is all (2.8F/1.9R). The old alignment was just too loose with boost.

Thanks!

Jeff,

For setup there is a little more detail that would be nice to know. What is the current ride height compared to the factory ride height? What are the spring rates that you bought with the BC coilovers? What sway bars are on the car? What is the toe of the front and rear?

I looked up the run groups and I can work with you a little during the TO's. I myself am at a plateau that I think I know how to get over, but execution is everything. So for the competition runs, I don't think I will be game for a ride along even though we are both in B group.

Hey Matt. Thanks for the help. 

I have the 8k springs front and rear. Not the Swifts though. Ride height is about 1” lower than stock. Sway bars are whiteline with the optional rear braces. Front is set to hardest. Rear is set mid. 

toe is now back to stock with 2.7 degrees camber front and 1.9 degrees rear. Previously I was same on camber with toe set at  1/8” out front and neutral rear. This worked well under NA application but as a boosted car is was way to tail happy.

Looking forward to chatting tomorrow. 

Thanks,

Jeff G.