New Solo Car?

fahrvergnugen

I was looking for a new car to use in next years Great Race, and found this nice 1975 VW Scirocco.  Might also be a fun autocross car, but probably not all that competitive in HS, even though it is the TS model which their highest performance version back then (1.5L versus the other 1.1L or 1.3L engine).  I was real happy to find it as it was fully restored in 2019.   Only wrinkle.... I found it in Germany!   It was picked up by the truck transport last week and is on its way to the port in northern Germany.  Then 30-60 to end up in San Diego.

These are hard to find in the US these days, but there were many in Europe if you try the web site: www.theparking-cars.com which gathers together a number of car selling websites across Europe.  With the help of Google Translate I was able to contact potential sellers in Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Portugal, Austria and Italy.  This car was found at a vintage car dealer in Phorzheim, Germany.

1974_Scirocco_TS_Blue_FL.thumb.jpg.b21b67036c33f76d31886ab6a1e5f8e1.jpg

1974_Scirocco_TS_Blue_LR.jpg

1974_Scirocco_TS_Blue_Interior.jpg

1974_Scirocco_TS_Blue_Engine.jpg

20230927_104854.jpg