Question about ride-alongs

slowpoke1992

Hey everyone,

The names Larry, I haven't been at the track since 2021 and excited to get back into the swing of things.

My wife and kids would like to ride with me when I race and was looking for the rules/procedure on how this is done. My youngest daughter is 11, which I think is too young to ride, but my other two kids are 18 and 14. Would they need to sign a waiver? And what about my wife? Can guests just show up to watch?

Thanks

Guests are limited to 2 per driver (45 total max) and they must register in advance on Motorsportsreg using their own profile. 

Riders have to sign a membership form and a waiver I believe and wear a special wristband.  

I'd say if they want to attend, get 2 of them registered ASAP and we'll work the rest out later.

5 hours ago, Kim said:

passengers must be 12 years or 57” tall, sign all appropriate waivers, have a snell rated helmet that fits them and be a SCCA member either full time or week end member. 

Hey Kim, I wanted to confirm the ride along requirement is an "or" situation. My son is 62" tall and will be 12 in October. He fits my 6 point harness setup, is a club and SCCA member and has a snell rated helmet. I have the AMP waiver signed as well. With that said he can ride along?

the minor waiver on the website is AMP (the facility)  you need to go to the SCCA website and obtain a SCCA minor waiver that is electronic 

go to SCCA “On line Store” and then “licenses”  the forms are there for the minor waiver   you have time before the event to get the minor waiver done 

On 9/7/2023 at 1:22 PM, Kim said:

the minor waiver on the website is AMP (the facility)  you need to go to the SCCA website and obtain a SCCA minor waiver that is electronic 

go to SCCA “On line Store” and then “licenses”  the forms are there for the minor waiver   you have time before the event to get the minor waiver done 

Got all the waivers done and approved. Will I need them printed?