MLK day photos & videos AutoX on the road course

Dustin

Here's my 121.924 I ran in the AM session.  I tried something different Monday which seemed to work pretty well for me.  I got to 3rd gear as quickly as I could and left it there the whole lap.  I found the upshifting and downshifting was more of an upset to my car than a help, it pulled out of the corners well enough in 3rd and not worrying about clutching and shifting let me left foot brake and concentrate on line and maximum grip more.  Anyway, enjoyed the day immensely  hope you all did as well.

• Like 4

https://youtu.be/SdZDiRAD5aY?feature=shared

Here's my 2nd run in the evening. 1:59.028 clean.  Consistently hit 1:59s in the evening, but this was my only clean(and fastest raw time) not sure what I really changed from November's event. Maybe I just stepped on it a little harder. But whatever I did, worked as my fastest time in November was a 2:05 I believe. Sub 2 minutes was my goal this time around.

• Like 2

First time posting a video here & on YouTube... hope it works!

Although I was well off the pace with my best on run #7 @ 135.498 figured I'd add this to the mix to show that slower drivers were out having a blast too!

I located the GoPro inside the car to watch my reactions; what I learned was mentally I was overly concerned about being smooth in the corners and forgot to be aggressive in the cone filled straights making it looked like I was on a Sunday drive LOL!  I'm a newbie and still learning at 65... ready for a better attack next time.

Edited by mikej
  • Like 2